Done with Ol' Hawk for now...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Well the 2020 Muzzleloader deer season is over, and me and Ol'Hawk never fired a shot. We did see a few deer, and skipped an iffy shot on a nice 8 point on public land. I really did enjoy my time spent with the old school rifle, and low tech approach to the hunt. Gonna leave it loaded a while, in case I decide to hit the WMA squirrel hunting, and maybe find a piggy...

So, now it's on to hunting with my Grandpaw's Model 94 30/30...I did cheat a little and hit the front sight with some hot pink nail polish, other than that it is as-issued, crescent butt plate and all.

Continuing the low tech approach, for now...

Darkhorse

That so-called one week muzzleloader season might be over but the real season is just beginning. The best chance at a trophy buck is during the rut, not the early season. Though it happens sometimes.
I hunt the regular season with my flintlock and I'll probably take one of my other rifles a few times cause I like them too.
A smart man once said; Any deer with a flintlock is a good deer.
So leave that modern shootin stick at home a few times and take a real muzzleloader hunting.
Blackpowder rifles just love a frosty morning.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’ll hunt straight thru deer season with my old Renegade or my recurve. Don’t need but three or four deer and either one will get it done.

Rabun

Fired one shot...at a stump. Zero deer or bear sighted in NE Ga. Found very little deer sign and no concentrated bear sign. Won't hit the hills up here again until the rut kicks in. Highlight of four days in the woods was a ruffled grouse walking in front of me Thursday evening. Second one I've seen in two years so maybe that constitutes a comeback...or at least confirms they're still hanging on.

Off to clean the ML.

GregoryB.

Put my Muzzy back in the safe also. Did take a 8 point with it. Got a few new #1's to hunt with. Took out my #1 in 257 Weatherby this morning . Saw one small buck.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Short of some really nasty weather, I hunt with my old Thompson Center New Englander through the whole season.