Don't feed the wildlife - updated with new video

Fork Horn

I've started my annual "messing around" with the black bears here on my place. I'll only do this for a week or so but I find it interesting and entertaining. This was only a young bear; I hope the larger one will come by soon since I think he's much more interesting.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great videos ! How long did it take him to find the ear of corn ? Pretty amazing it was even found . Did he see you coming in last clip

Fork Horn

Thanks.

It took a couple of days for the bear to find the corn. I was regularly getting photos/videos of them crossing there so a little corn on the ground underneath the hanging corn was all it took to get them to notice it.

I’m not sure what spooked the bear but if you notice the time on the videos, the bear was spooked at 6:20 and was back eating at 6:24. I put that video at the end since I thought it was a good way to end it. Of course it’s always possible that I could spook them while going over there, but I don‘t think it was me that spooked the bear this time.

Last edited:

Fork Horn

A new video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fork Horn

Enjoyed that ! Do you hunt them on your place ?
Thanks.

No, I’m not a bear hunter. I’ve seen a few over the years but never have shot one. Always thought it looked like to much work getting them out of the woods and if I did, I wouldn't know what to do with them. We generally don’t see many on our place come fall anyway. Seems once acorns start falling they move deeper into the woods. The corn in the tree is only temporary (I put out a little more today but will likely not do anymore) so the bears will move on. It’s entertaining but I don’t want them depending on it.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ve never killed one either , but hope to some day before I’m to old and out of shape to climb them hills . I’ve been up in north ga a couple times looking for one . Had a guy on here offer to take me along on a hunt and really enjoyed it . Did get to see one , they are amazing animals . Especially out in the wild . Planning a trip this fall , bear or not I know we’ll enjoy it ! They probably tearing that tree down right now ?

rosewood

Dem dares squatches....

Great video. They really have to work for those ears.

Rosewood