Dove season and Labs

TurkeyH90

Just wondering what some of yall do to keep your labradar cool during the first weekends of dove season. I keep plenty of water on hand but usually their is no shade to be had. My dog had and mild heat seizure the other day just playing in the yard with my female. He has never had any other heat issues but this worries me.

TaylorF

Plenty of water and maybe even a mut hut (portable camo dog kennel). Was the heat seizure self-diagnosed or did you go to the vet? If you didn't go, your dog might have EIC (exercise induced collapse), which is a genetic analomy. If you want more details, I'll be glad to fill you in.
Stephen

NGaHunter

I also carry plenty of water and also some Rehydrate. And also a mut hut and depending how hot I might have a battery operated fan

TurkeyH90

To answer your question no I didnt carry to the vet but I did call my vet as soon as it happened. He said he thought heat but I am interested in whatever you think it might have been. Also where do they sell mutt hutts. Im ordering some rehydrate from Lion Country today.

Latest posts