Dove Season Survey

ddavis1120

If you haven’t voted yet, you should be able to follow the link and vote. The problem is all three choices backload the season. I don’t know anyone in North Georgia that hunts doves after Christmas and honestly most are done shortly after Thanksgiving. I don’t know how much late hunting is done is South Georgia.
To gather more public input on the preferred dove season dates, we ask that you complete a short survey ranking your dove season preferences based on the following options:
  • Keep the current season structure. Dates in 2021 would be Sep 4-30, Nov 20-28, and Dec 9-Jan 31;
  • Delay the third season start and extend first season into October. This would shift some early December opportunity to October. Dates in 2021 would be Sep 4-Oct 10, Nov 20-27, and Dec 18-Jan 31;
  • Delay opening of both first and third seasons. This would result in dove season opening one week later, sliding the end of the first season into October and shift some December opportunity to October. Dates in 2021 would be Sep 11-Oct 17, Nov 20-27, and Dec 18-Jan 31.

You can access this short survey in the following ways:

spring

Lots of late season hunting in South GA; heard 2 shoots this morning and going on one this afternoon. In general, I'd say there are way more birds and bird hunting where there's more farmland and agriculture.

Last edited: