Down to the last minute, finally!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Congrats!!

bany

Congratulations!

sprewett

Finally got my first Georgia deer! This one probably had spots a few months ago, but I’m pleased as all get out! Hunting over a feeder isn’t my favorite way, but he opportunity was hard to pass up. Besides, I felt it was my best chance to harvest a deer before time runs out. I stuck with it over the last 3-4 weeks and it finally paid off. I planned to sit til dark as it was my last chance to hunt this property this year. It was 10 minutes after sunset when I got down from the stand. One last glimpse and there was a big dark spot behind a tree. Then it moved away and I’m like “really!?!” Down on a knee and looking around I soon had my crosshairs on her and steady. I knew it was a small deer and wasn’t sure if I wanted to take her. I thought the first deer I saw was a lot bigger. I panned around but couldn’t see it. I could easily see this lil doe looking for me and I checked the time on my phone, it was 6:03. Plenty of time and the deer was in the perfect spot quartering hard to me. She stayed right there so I centered the crosshairs on her chest and I tried to watch the hit. I was kinda blinded by the fire leaving the barrel on the .308, but knew I made a good pull. She may have went 15-20 yards and piled up. My first GA deer! WOOHOO! That hole is the exit and the entrance was just left of center chest.

@bfriendly I just recognized who you are from your post and what you had told me this morning when I got gas. Bruce?

Big7

The Oracle
Congratulations on your first Georgia Deer !!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
@bfriendly I just recognized who you are from your post and what you had told me this morning when I got gas. Bruce?
YASSS! Who’s dis? I’m always telling folks to come say hello at the QT in Emerson :type: bout to head there now!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Congrats! Looks like more jerky on the way to me!
Yasss and I’m gonna slice some this time too!

Congratulations on your first Georgia Deer !!
This was the icing on the cake of easily my best season. I’ve got a few more firsts to get past, but this little deer and how it unfolded will never be forgotten!

I plan to sit at least a few more times here in Cherokee. I have a light on my new quiver and plan to use it!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Well done!
Advice you didn’t ask for: stay in the stand until thirty minutes after sunset.
This^^^ part of what I’m figuring out, or trying to. My bow sights disappear shortly after sunset so I’m usually out before that last 30 minutes. The scope atop the .308 is way different! It looked like midday through it! I think Bow habits have me getting down too early. It was Crazy to get down then shoot this deer! facepalm: But it was over by 6:05 PM so well within legal n safe light and another deer killed from the ground!