Dr. Birx: Coronavirus Data Doesn't Match The Doomsday Media Predictions

Unmasking the unwarranted hype and hysteria.....

Such a shame that this Big Gummint induced economic destruction has happened. Jobs lost, businesses lost, industrial sectors turned upside down....

You still don't get it.
Yeah, I get it.

The data don't match the drama. The models don't correlate with the reality. This is the first business-destroying recession ever brought about 100% by the government and it's media side-kick.

No one is going to convince me that this hype wasn't overblown exponentially in an attempt to hurt America. That's when democrats are happiest. Just look at how they tried to interject green deal, abortion, election agendas into the stimulus bill.

Look how it's Wu Flu 24/7 on the alphabet news outlets. All doom and gloom, all day.

While at the same time worrying about calling it the Chinese flu as if the Chicoms are our friends. They are not and they are responsible for

And no I'm not saying this isn't serious. Any flu outbreak is serious. People die from it. People die everyday from a myriad of different reasons and in greater numbers by far yet we don't shut down an entire economy because of it. Think about it.

Yeah, I get it.

The data don't match the drama. The models don't correlate with the reality. This is the first business-destroying recession ever brought about 100% by the government and it's media side-kick.
^^^This

Yeah, I get it.

What's causing the hospital ICU's to fill up in Atlanta and Albany? Have they ever been full from the regular flu and/or car accidents?

The heck with the data, what about the reality?

You still don't get it.
Actually, I'm starting to think he does.

I was on board with this from fairly early on - well before the run on mountain money, and before a lot of you jumped on board. Granted, with the caveat that I also feared the long term loss of rights we'd see as a result of the .gov response, but I generally agreed with the premise of the extreme high risk of the virus itself.

More recently, though, not so much. I'm starting to come to the realization that I have been had.

More recently, though, not so much. I'm starting to come to the realization that I have been had.
Nope. You haven't been had and nobody has been had. The initial reaction may have been overboard out of an abundance of caution because they just didn't know. That being said, just because they are adjusting their messaging now as a result of having more data to analyze it still doesn't change the severity of this virus. Even if the mortality rate works out to be .4%, that's still 4 times more than the flu. Until there is an actual treatment protocol that works and a vaccine this virus is a dread disease that's going to kill a lot of people. It is overwhelming the healthcare system in all of the world's developed countries. Two weeks from now that is going to be abundantly clear to all of those Americans who are singing the no big deal tune today.

One could argue there were 2000 cases yesterday, we just know for sure today. The disease didn't spread and infect 800 people from yesterday to today (well, it may have, but no one knows). What we do know is we have confirmed there are 800 more sick people today that have the virus. Those people were sick yesterday, we just suspected they had the virus. Today, we know.

The MSM reports the receipt of positive test results that add to the 'confirmed' count as if those people weren't sick yesterday, and have the virus today. That's disingenuous, and meant to foment fear and panic. Most likely to hurt Orange Man. 'Cause he bad.

The MSM reports the receipt of positive test results that add to the 'confirmed' count as if those people weren't sick yesterday, and have the virus today. That's disingenuous, and meant to foment fear and panic. Most likely to hurt Orange Man. 'Cause he bad.
That's a big part of it but the larger reason is most of them are stupid. I saw some interesting poll data yesterday. 60+% of the people think Trump is doing a good job. 30% of the media think he's doing a good job.

That's a big part of it but the larger reason is most of them are stupid. I saw some interesting poll data yesterday. 60+% of the people think Trump is doing a good job. 30% of the media think he's doing a good job.
Another I saw showed public sentiment/favorability among various groups (President, VP, CDC, Fauci, Congress, and the press). Everyone was above 50% except the press, who I believe were around 40%.

Another I saw showed public sentiment/favorability among various groups (President, VP, CDC, Fauci, Congress, and the press). Everyone was above 50% except the press, who I believe were around 40%.
More proof of how disconnected the MSM is from reality. They are determined to get the orange man.

One could argue there were 2000 cases yesterday, we just know for sure today. The disease didn't spread and infect 800 people from yesterday to today (well, it may have, but no one knows). What we do know is we have confirmed there are 800 more sick people today that have the virus. Those people were sick yesterday, we just suspected they had the virus. Today, we know.

Oh he bad. And he’s going to bludgeon these people with what they’ve done. The media may never recover from this.