Dress code at church?

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
leroy said:
A pair of overalls these days cost as much as a pair of slacks. What if she was ready to make a decision that night, you said she was at the altar, did anyone ask her. Or were people more concerned with her dress than her heart.
Two problems with your reply and very simply answered, BACK THEN they di not cost more overalls were used to go to Sunday Meeting when they were new, after they got faded out they were versitile and then used to work in.

I dont ask anyone anything at the altar unless led by the spirit I beleive in the scripture that says VERY simply "let every man work out his own soul's salvation with fear and trembling" That ought to explain it all. I ve spent way too much time on this thread.

Branchminnow

SBG said:
I agree. As has been stated more than once in this thread, there is not any scripture that says not to come to Church in a bikini either. In a few years a bikini or thong bathing suits may become ordinary attire for folks. Cultural standards may change where the wearing of bikinis or thong bathing suits is okay in the work place, or at the market, or in a restaurant etc. Using you reasoning, I suppose that we should then accept it at the house of God? I realize that this is a stretch...just trying to make a point that I don't know why needs to be made.
If the bikini's do come into the church then we might as well open brothel's and quit going to church.

GeauxLSU

Branchminnow said:
If the bikini's do come into the church then we might as well open brothel's and quit going to church.
What if we just change the sign on the brothel to say "Church" and then we could all take comfort that "at least they are going to church"? :huh: :pop:

GeauxLSU

Jeff Young said:
I think Tom thought you were saying you hoped to see him "there" one day!
That's the problem. A lot of jumping the gun in this thread.
Festus' last post you would THINK would sum up everybody's view. But apparently not. :huh:

Branchminnow

GeauxLSU said:
What if we just change the sign on the brothel to say "Church" and then we could all take comfort that "at least they are going to church"? :huh: :pop:
Me too.:huh: :huh: :huh:

leroy

Branchminnow said:
Years ago? Brother we still have preachers that wear overalls to church, but it was because that was all most of em could afford.
If you will read the post I said SHE did not make it that night I told her nothing, neither did anyone else other than it would be easier on her if she would come back with more clothes on. In other words she would not have to worry about keeping herself covered she could worry about what was important , finding the lord. My whole point was Satan will use whatever he can to stand in the way of someone getting what they need!

this is your reply that I was refering to where you said we still have preachers that wear overalls today.

leroy

HuntinTom said:
If allowing people to wear shorts to come and worship the Lord is wrong, then just hang me on a cross -- Cause' that's what they did to Jesus when he went upstream from man-made rules, regulation, religion and dogma... I'd simply call it the greatest of complement... I'm done with this one... See ya' in Paradise...

Amem brother!!

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
jedediah said:
does anyone remember wearing the lime green leisure suit to church.
Leisure suits are just plain sinful anywhere you wear them :) (But I do have pictures of my "sinful days" ;) )

Torupduck

Banned
Double Barrel BB said:
How many people have been in Court before?

Whether it was to pay a traffic fine or dispute a lawsuit...

In all the Courts I have been in they would not let you in unless you had presentable attire on, that meant no shorts or t-shirts. Not even to just watch the preceedings....

So why would you do less for Jesus?

DB BB
I have NEVER been in a court where you could not wear shorts or a t-shirt. We are really stretching it now!!

Al33

The unsaved who come to a church seeking something they know is missing in their lives have little clue regarding respect for a Savior they have never met. Once saved and after they are weaned so to speak from spiritual milk, they should have spiritual discernment and and a great respect for our Savior and any of His many sanctuaries. Please read Hebrews 5:12-14.

Certainly, what one wears or does not wear to a formal worship service is between them and God, but I strongly feel that someone who should be mature in their walk with Christ would not only respect Him with their best attire, but others in the congregation as well. A church picnic is different than a traditional Sunday morning worship service. If Christ could wear a crown of thorns for me, not to mention the many stripes from the whips, the least I can do is get up a little earlier so I will have time to dress for the priveledge to worship Him. I am sure God will hear me and know my heart no matter what I wear, his grace guarantees that, but neither should I take His grace for granted. AND, speaking of His grace, I'm sure it will be extended to all no matter how they dress for church.

I Cor.10;31: Therfore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Read I Cor. 11;4-6 regarding head coverings for both men and women. I recall in my youth going to church and seeing all the ladies wearing hats. Rarely do we see this today and certainly hats on women had nothing to do with their relationships with Christ other than to honor God with obedience and reverence. My point being; What will be acceptable or commonplace in God's Churchs in another 50 years or less?

leroy

Who are you trying to please God or man I dont think Jesus cares if you have on shorts or jeans or a coat and tie if your heart is right.

Al33

leroy said:
Who are you trying to please God or man I dont think Jesus cares if you have on shorts or jeans or a coat and tie if your heart is right.
I suspect your question is directed to me, please correct me if I am wrong.

Neither. It's not about trying to please, it's about honoring Him, and others trying to do the same who happen to be in the same place I am.

I would respectfully like to ask you the same question you asked, but edited slightly. "Who are you trying to please, God, man or yourself? No offense intended here, just wanted to turn the table so to speak. Please know that I know that you're relationship with God and your convictions are yours and yours alone, as mine are mine. I do not judge you for any differences, just sharing my perceptions and opinions here.

ramsey

When considering a dress code, consider the "Widow Mite"--she gave from her heart and it was praised above all other gifts. To each his own, God knows your heart.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
ramsey said:
When considering a dress code, consider the "Widow Mite"--she gave from her heart and it was praised above all other gifts. To each his own, God knows your heart.

She gave the most, her all.

SBG

Folks, please read the 4th chapter of Revelation.

leroy

Al33 said:
I suspect your question is directed to me, please correct me if I am wrong.

Neither. It's not about trying to please, it's about honoring Him, and others trying to do the same who happen to be in the same place I am.

I would respectfully like to ask you the same question you asked, but edited slightly. "Who are you trying to please, God, man or yourself? No offense intended here, just wanted to turn the table so to speak. Please know that I know that you're relationship with God and your convictions are yours and yours alone, as mine are mine. I do not judge you for any differences, just sharing my perceptions and opinions here.

Just a question in general to all on the thread, I think someone with jeans or shorts can honor God as much as someone with a suit and have seen some with jeans on honor him more than some with suits dressed to the hilt. Because God is interested in your heart not your clothes.As I have said before to each his own but as Tom said some on here seem to look down or think a person who wears shorts or jeans to Church are somehow less of a Christian or imature in their faith and I think this is dead wrong.

SBG

leroy said:
As I have said before to each his own but as Tom said some on here seem to look down or think a person who wears shorts or jeans to Church are somehow less of a Christian or imature in their faith and I think this is dead wrong.

I never meant to imply that a person that wears shorts to Church was "less of a Christian." Being a Christian is what it is. Its like being pregnant: you either are or you aren't...if you are a woman.:)

I'm still curious Leroy why you would take your hat off in Church?

leroy

SBG said:
I never meant to imply that a person that wears shorts to Church was "less of a Christian." Being a Christian is what it is. Its like being pregnant: you either are or you aren't...if you are a woman.:)

I'm still curious Leroy why you would take your hat off in Church?

Never said I wore a hat, said I have seen some that do and they usually take them off in Church you would have to ask them their reason why.