Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Morning TB….

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I’ll check my food plot in a little bit to see if it’s dried out some. One section dries quick while one side takes a while. Body hurting so I may not do anything much today.

I've heard that before and proof is in the seeing.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Yep that may be so but I’m hurting mighty early this morning

trad bow

Time for another cup of coffee and get a couple steaks marinating for supper tonight

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’d like to mow before more rain.I’m thinking maybe two cuttings left.

trad bow

I usually mow right up to the first or middle of November here. Gets later with each passing year.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Overcast sky and nothing but crickets making morning noises today.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I usually mow right up to the first or middle of November here. Gets later with each passing year.

Come to think of it the mowing does seem to be moving later. It has slowed down growing.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Question about trees, when I removed the pines from the woods behind my house it left a gap I don’t like. The hardwoods are very mature, tall trees. If I get other trees this winter like chestnuts and persimmons how will they do shaded by the big timber.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Good morning Craka…

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Question about trees, when I removed the pines from the woods behind my house it left a gap I don’t like. The hardwoods are very mature, tall trees. If I get other trees this winter like chestnuts and persimmons how will they do shaded by the big timber.
The more sun the better.6-8 hrs of partial shade minimum of sun is needed to grow at a minimum .

trad bow

Persimmon will grow fine. As Cracka stated the chestnuts will need more sunlight

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Good morning Trad. Seems like an Advil kind of day.Now to go find me some go juice to wash it down.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
60 and clear in Omaha. Good coffee, GW, after getting in a little late. Only truck they had left at the rental place was a brand new F250 4x4. Only 180 miles on it. The suffering we must all do when we travel....

Ruger, persimmon always seem to grow at the edges of the woods, so guess they need a little more sun. I do notice some of the nut trees, or maples growing under the canopy.

Status
Not open for further replies.