Drivelers give thanks #387

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Gobble 10 years ago I would have seriously eaten such a breakfast,heck I’d still like to. That Doc of mine with all his talk of A1C and such about ruined my appetite.

Don't guess I have ever eaten that much for breakfast. My A1C is under control but the cardio doc is on the bp bandwagon. I've just not gotten as much exercise in the last 18 months as before the rona hit.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
One of the worst disadvantages of arthritis is washing greens in cold well water. That`ll wake you up right quick.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
One of the worst disadvantages of arthritis is washing greens in cold well water. That`ll wake you up right quick.
Put em in the washing machine on rinse cycle cold water only.:p I've heard of folks doing it.:huh: Don't think Mama ever did.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Put em in the washing machine on rinse cycle cold water only.:p I've heard of folks doing it.:huh: Don't think Mama ever did.

One of my old coworkers said he washed his turnips in the washing machine. It seems to me that it would tear them up too bad?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Hand wash my greens and then strip the stem out of them.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Been busy today. Finishing several small projects up. Cut up several small pumpkins and cooked them down to purée in the blender. Freezing the pumpkin in ice trays so I can use it for fiber for my dog when the need arises. Always needing to blow leaves out of driveway. They find a way to get in garage even when no wind is blowing. Feel my back going out as the spasms are starting. Wife wants to go to her sister’s house in Fort Oglethorpe tomorrow and come back Friday. That may just put it in a no activity state for a while. Don’t need it shutting down cause it’s bird hunting time of year for me and Bullet.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
I'm thru too Tradbro, unloaded/stacked all the feed off my truck and slung #550lbs. Paying now, turning around to look behind tractor is the neck killer.

Wife outta town for the day/night, gonna order some wangs n pizza.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Same here, gimpin around now on a hip and Knee of Left leg that's starting to aggravate me. Been blowin'-rakin pinestraw all over the place where there's pines. I use it in my tree islands and beds around the foundation plantings. I ain't about to go buy it with as much as I've got. Just have to get it up, but it goes pretty quick if Jag and I are tag teamin it. Got a bunch lined up to bag until ALL the leaves are off the deciduous trees(almost there).

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Good day here...shot a deer this am, cut up and in the cooler. Smoked a turkey, cut up and vac sealed. Baked pecan pie. Sat by a fire. Drank a few fingers of bourbon. Got a pretty lady in my life that loves me, and fixin to have a great dinner of braised beef on noodles. Whatever tomorrow brings, today will be hard to beat. Happy Thanksgiving, all. I'm feeling blessed today.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Good day here...shot a deer this am, cut up and in the cooler. Smoked a turkey, cut up and vac sealed. Baked pecan pie. Sat by a fire. Drank a few fingers of bourbon. Got a pretty lady in my life that loves me, and fixin to have a great dinner of braised beef on noodles. Whatever tomorrow brings, today will be hard to beat. Happy Thanksgiving, all. I'm feeling blessed today.

Sounds like a Great Day Dave, Happy Thanksgiving to you and the new Galfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.