Drivelers -- Just don't take #325

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I remember the folks in Fairbanks not being able to plumb below the freeze line. They had one bay of garages taken up by water tanks they kept above freezing.

Getting water in the wintertime is the biggest job for the folks living in the Refuge.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Never did.

At times, the pier and surf fishing there was unreal. To see a school of LYs 200 yards wide and stretching as far north and south as you could see, heading south, and it lasted for two weeks nonstop, with tarpon, sharks, kings, big reds, and everything else hitting them, those are sights I will never forget.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Getting water in the wintertime is the biggest job for the folks living in the Refuge.

I imagine, when we did medical or emergency resupply that far north in the winter we took enough fuel to never shutdown. If you did the thing was there, almost impossible to keep mechanical and especially hydraulic things operating.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Just got off the phone with Wybro, he's in Florida fighting the crowds . .

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
"Daisey" brought me home 4 Martin's chili dogs for lunch.. I feel a nap coming on.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Cmp1

BANNED
Alaska is a very liberal state,,,,maybe even worse than MI,,,,Arkansas too,,,,home of the Billary,s,,,,

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Just paid $70 to have the Polaris rebuilt, dang thing ain't working.. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

I get a rather zen experience outta cleaning the pool. Have to focus, and it pushed everything else out of my thoughts for 30 minutes.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Pulled pork, green beans, smashed taters. Thumbs up from the Mrs, it’s all good.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Just paid $70 to have the Polaris rebuilt, dang thing ain't working.. grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Just paid 800.00 towing the truck off of the Island beaten path to some town and bringing it back to our house on the beach, but it's all good. The guy that towed it back walked to the beach and took some pics. :bounce::bounce:New truck in the future. :rockon:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Alaska is a very liberal state,,,,maybe even worse than MI,,,,Arkansas too,,,,home of the Billary,s,,,,

Where I would be, you couldn`t get a radio or tv signal. And I would not care. I don`t watch or listen to enough of either now, and I dadgum sure woudn`t there.

I`d be there for the quiet, solitude, and peace of mind. And the hunting. I don`t care enough about people in general to worry about it. Only a very select few and they know who they are.

Cmp1

BANNED
Just paid 800.00 towing the truck off of the Island beaten path to some town and bringing it back to our house on the beach, but it's all good. The guy that towed it back walked to the beach and took some pics. :bounce::bounce:New truck in the future. :rockon:
Get a Dodge,,,,? ? ? ?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

How many years did you live in Arkansas?

Cmp1

BANNED
At least MI had a republican President,,,,can't say the same for Arkansas,,,,

Although he tripped Alot,,,,? ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.