Drivelers keeping family and friends close #359

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
morning EE, claw and dw

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Got to go get a permit to put up the carport. About stupid really. Rules and regulations people in positions put in place with no input from tax payers.

I got a call from Tax Office, have to go sign a stupid document. Made my wife successor to my house, now have to sign new papers to keep Home Stead Exemption. Stupid rules!

I agree that these stupid "made up rules" is just to put more money in somebody else's pocket....that doesn't have enough sense to get out of a thunderstorm in my opinion. The "code-enforcement" people seem to be about as dumb as a bag of rocks in my recent case. I just went through this type thing last month with it costing me $6,450 to have a mobile home demolished and then removed to a certified land field...EVEN THOUGH NO ASBESTOS WAS USED FOR THE PREVIOUS 3 YEARS OF MANUFACTURE. Neither was any found in the expensive analysis test. Some of these people involved in my case are so dumb that they have to "re-trained" after a coffee-break also !!! The company that did the actual demolition was fantastic in every respect BUT having to deal with overpaid idiots in the governmental aspect is a royal pain in the keister.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
No way. Thought permits were only needed for permanent structures.
Gotta have a permit In Powder Springs just to replace a piece of vinyl siding.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Yes I did to. But the city and county have four people riding around all day looking for violations. Paid me a visit yesterday afternoon. Was not a pleasant conversation. They’ll be keeping a close eye on me for a while or until someone else gets their undivided attention.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Gotta have a permit In Powder Springs just to replace a piece of vinyl siding.

That makes sense as you might use aluminum by mistake. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Yes I did to. But the city and county have four people riding around all day looking for violations. Paid me a visit yesterday afternoon. Was not a pleasant conversation. They’ll be keeping a close eye on me for a while or until someone else gets their undivided attention.

No one 'just' drives by your place. Which neighbor turned you in?

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Mornin all!!!

Made it to the concrete jungle!!!

Ready for another wet day!!!

trad bow

I was told I needed to put crusher run down and pack it. If no concrete pour on top, I’ll need four inches of crusher run. If concrete on top I’ll need two inches of crusher run then four inches of concrete.
So I’ll just leave it dirt. The bumbling idiot said he didn’t know how much dirt I would need but will get back with me. Told him I’ll save you a trip and go see the director myself.

trad bow

No one 'just' drives by your place. Which neighbor turned you in?
This inspector drives thru my neighborhood four times a day. Total waste of resources in my view. Really want to hear the answer on the just dirt question.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I was told I needed to put crusher run down and pack it. If no concrete pour on top, I’ll need four inches of crusher run. If concrete on top I’ll need two inches of crusher run then four inches of concrete.
So I’ll just leave it dirt. The bumbling idiot said he didn’t know how much dirt I would need but will get back with me. Told him I’ll save you a trip and go see the director myself.

Then you will be told some other ridiculous regs.

Concrete still a month out?

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
This inspector drives thru my neighborhood four times a day. Total waste of resources in my view. Really want to hear the answer on the just dirt question.

might depend on if the dirt perks or not so here comes the plumbing inspector.

Plus there is no way from the turn around circle he could see the forms you have built.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova

Shucks, these idgets up in the country will make you get a permit to relieve yourself behind a tree...if they think that it will put more money in their back pocket.

They also put the cost of $220 per year onto your tax bill, supposedly for having a "roll type" trash can that you can take out to the road every Monday morning for pickup. Well there has never been a trash can there since I purchased this property back over 20 years ago AND I HAVE TO PHYSICALLY GO UP THERE "EVERY YEAR" and argue with them. They also know that there has not been a trash can as such for these years BUT they call it: SOLID WASTE CHARGE ON YOUR TAX BILL. For many years, it also required the signature of 4 Government idgets to sign off before they will remove that cost from my tax bill also. They were never in the office at the same time. Now, this past year, they did reduce it to just have two government idiots to sign off on it to remove that costs.

These are the same clowns that handle the building permits each year as well. :banginghe:banginghe

ps: They hate me because I tell it just like it is !!! :rofl::pop:

trad bow

Then you will be told some other ridiculous regs.

Concrete still a month out?
I have no idea now. It’s just a money scheme run by the government. Permit cost start at $35 all the way up to $200.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I have no idea now. It’s just a money scheme run by the government. Permit cost start at $35 all the way up to $200.

That is just the beginning. Home improvements just add to your property tax base.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
trad,

Good Luck with your new project as it will quickly sound like that "sucking sound" when your bathtub is full of water and then you remove the plug so that the water can be released. That sound will continue for a long time as those inspectors will tend to "camp out" on your property and try to find every little thing wrong so that they can make you pay BIG bucks to fix everything supposedly up to "their standards".

Even in a very small county government where they are all "good ole boys", you will be surprised just what a salary that these "dumb as bag of rocks" employees are making each year too as they cover for each other every day. :pop:

trad bow

You are correct. The building cost me nothing but I can assure you that they will assign a cost to it that’s not real value.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Mornin Mr fish, Gbro, trad, EE, Batbro, Dw, Coop, Claw and anyone I missed.

Speaking of hoops to jump through, my neighbor had several to navigate for this slab and 3 car garage bldg. he’s having put up and we’re zoned AG.

Status
Not open for further replies.