Dusty Hill ZZ Top Bassist Passes at 72

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Ya'll got my curiosity up. We are in the process of cleaning combing through stuff in the house. I remembered I had a very small collection of vinyl albums, stored in the attic and unused for probably 30 years. Look at what I found. Pretty sure I used to have Tres Hombres and Rio Grande Mud too, but don't know where they went, although I do have replacement CDs that I use and make copies of.
Oh wow!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Ya'll got my curiosity up. We are in the process of cleaning combing through stuff in the house. I remembered I had a very small collection of vinyl albums, stored in the attic and unused for probably 30 years. Look at what I found. Pretty sure I used to have Tres Hombres and Rio Grande Mud too, but don't know where they went, although I do have replacement CDs that I use and make copies of.
My wife has a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge collection of vinyl. And nothing to play them on.

bullgator

My wife has a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge collection of vinyl. And nothing to play them on.
Time to start Christmas shopping.

Oldstick

I remember my Mom and Dad also had a fairly big stack of albums as well, especially considering they were born in the early 1930s. Everything way before my time and I guess they were given away since then.

But the one album cover I distinctly remember. The very first (I think) Hank Williams Jr. album with him sitting at the piano wearing a plaid sport coat and bow tie. That was before he rebelled against the record companies and insisted on playing the kind of music he wanted.

And there was this other one, some sort of 40s/50s big band music. It featured a lady on the cover wearing a VERY thin type of nightgown. I was confused, this is my parents' record, but it looks like she has on nothing underneath that. :censored:

oldfella1962

You can buy a record player/CD player/radio combination at quite a few well known chain stores for pretty cheap.

hawkeye123

I saw that documentary also..was really well done, saw ZZ @ Champaign Jam with .38 , ARS & Carlos Santana..they all came out & jammed forever to close the show..unreal good! Heard Phil Robertson did the eulogy at the request of Dustys widow..RIP. lost a truly great one in Dusty!

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Ran across this video. One of my favorites.

"The X" refers to border blasting radio stations.

specialk

You can buy a record player/CD player/radio combination at quite a few well known chain stores for pretty cheap.

my 26yo son is into vinyl.....i've know him to drive to nashville TN and sit outside a certain record store 3 hours before they open to get certain releases.....he's into alot of the same folks and bands i've seen you guys post about.....i've thanked god that he never liked pop/rap or any new country......he likes old rock, old country, and folksie blue grassy type stuff....most of the bands i never heard of but the music is good.....he's got a turntable and it sits on a speaker the same size and sounds incredible......and the darn thing wont bounce the needle across the record.....

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Same here. :(
My Mama had a yard sale when my Diddi retired and they moved. There were 4 or 5 crates of vinyl from them and us 4 kids. Those were the first to sell. Now I wish I hada kept em. I do still have some cool 45's and a lot of lp's. I even have one of those things you'd put in the middle of the 45's to play on the record player. :bounce: