Dusty Hill, ZZ Top has died

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/28/zz-top-bassist-dusty-hill-dead-dies/

Dusty passed away at his home in Houston, TX -- this according to his bandmates, Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard.
They write, "We are saddened by the news today that our Compadre, Dusty Hill, has passed away in his sleep at home in Houston, TX. We, along with legions of ZZ Top fans around the world, will miss your steadfast presence, your good nature and enduring commitment to providing that monumental bottom to the ‘Top'. We will forever be connected to that "Blues Shuffle in C." The boys add, "You will be missed greatly, amigo."

Dang it. Love some ZZ Top

ilbcnu

tenor.gif

bullgator

They had a big sound for a three man band.

specialk

saw them in 1980....heck of a show....

Oldstick

RIP Dusty.

A tremendous loss to all rock fans. Dusty was such a talent.
ZZ Top was the incredible first time I saw them and then through the years. Dusty. Kept them fresh and tight for a long career.

Tragic news to me. RIP Dusty Hill.

One of my top, probably number one favorite rock/blues bands of all time. What do you think people would have said if some psychic made a prediction back in the late 60's or whenever ZZ Top was first formed?

"I see this band shall remain in business together, under the same name, ZZ Top, and with the same three members. All the way until the year 2021, when one of the three passes."

Last edited:

Oldstick

Took a good one last week to^^^

I agree with that. I admit I never became a huge Kansas fan. But "Point of No Return" was and still is one my favorite albums from that time period. And mainly due to his violin work.

Big7

The Oracle
I planned on seeing them in November.........
They are keeping their dates.

Guy that has worked for zz many years is playing bass. It was announced when Dusty went to the hospital. Think he is the guitar tuner??? Not sure.

ZZ is a great party band. RIP Dusty. ?