Dutch Oven Gathering

Will you be able to attend a DOG at Vogel on Saturday, October 8?

• Yes and I'll bring my dutch oven ready to cook.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Yes and I'll bring something already prepared.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No, can't make it.

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dutchman

There has been some talk on the Outdoor Cafe forum about having a dutch oven gathering (DOG) at Vogel State Park on Saturday, October 8. The picnic shelters are open for rent that day so, if we get enough interest, we'll go in together and rent one. I think they're $35 or so.

Those of you that can come and own a dutch oven, we'd like for you to come ready to cook or have your dish prepared to bring with you. If you would like to come, but don't own a dutch oven, they sell them every day at Walmart. ::ke:

Seriously, if you don't own a dutch oven, there are always other things that you can bring that will be needed.

So, if you can make it on 10/8, say so in the poll and post a little something about how many folks you'll have with you and come on.

I'm in for the 8th and will prepare a meat dish, a side dish, and a cobbler or some description. Who's with me?

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm in

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
As far as I know I can proly come.

Woody's Janitor

Didn't vote but I'm planning to make it.

dutchman

Picnic Shelter #1, wheelchair accessable, at Vogel State Park, Blairsville, GA has been reserved for Saturday, October 8, 2005.

We are go for launch. Please plan to come and join us. More details to follow.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
2 or 3 tops with me.

H

HT2

Dutch........

I'd love to......

But that's deer season......

Wrong time for a gathering........ :p

Georgiaastro

I'm in and will probably bring my wife. We will fix something to bring.

Coastie

Sorry, can't make it that weekend. Will be working the Adult/Child hunt on Dawson Forest WMA. Hope everybody has a great time and plenty of good eats!

Wetzel

I might be able to make it. This is also the weekend of the adult-child hunt on Cooper's Creek. According to the local paper in Union County, the date of the hunt in the regulations was not correct and the correct date for the adult-child hunt on Cooper's Creek is October 7 & 8.

For anyone that is interested, its not to far from Vogel to parts of Cooper's Creek WMA.

ryano

Banned
Im IN! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I dont have a dutchoven but can gladly bring a covered dish or drinks and ice or something!

keep me posted on the details!

dutchman

3and8fan4ever said:
Im IN! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I dont have a dutchoven but can gladly bring a covered dish or drinks and ice or something!

keep me posted on the details!

Will do, 3s&8s. Glad you can make it.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
3s&8 if you hadn't made it I'd have planted Kudzu all around your house. Looking forward to seeng you again. :clap: :clap:

Georgiaastro

Dale that would really be harsh with the kudzu.

dutchman

I have bad news.

It is looking like I will not be able to make it on October 8. The sale on my current house and the purchase of my future house both close on October 7. So, you know what I'll be doing on the 8th, right? You guessed it. Moving.

Now, the picnic shelter with wheelchair access at Vogel is already paid for, so there is no reason why ya'll can't go do this without me. Otherwise, the money is wasted.

So ya'll go and enjoy the food and fellowship and take a bunch of pictures and tell me all about it when ya'll get back, ya hear?

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
We ain't got sense enough to cook anything.

ryano

Banned
dutchman said:
I have bad news.

It is looking like I will not be able to make it on October 8. The sale on my current house and the purchase of my future house both close on October 7. So, you know what I'll be doing on the 8th, right? You guessed it. Moving.

Now, the picnic shelter with wheelchair access at Vogel is already paid for, so there is no reason why ya'll can't go do this without me. Otherwise, the money is wasted.

So ya'll go and enjoy the food and fellowship and take a bunch of pictures and tell me all about it when ya'll get back, ya hear?

sorry to hear about that Dutch, I was looking forward to meeting you and hearing you rag on me about Jr ::ke: :rofl:

is everyone else still in? I will be there as long as Im not gonna be there by myself :D I know its deer season but us northern guys should be able to utilize the shelter for a lunch or something :huh:

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm in providing things go well at home.

dutchman

Well boys, it looks like our little gathering is falling apart. I'm moving that weekend and have received PMs to the effect that about three others are not gonna be able to make it. I'd hate to have one or two show up for nothing.

The shelter is paid for, no refund is possible on such short notice. If anyone wants to use it, shoot me a PM and we'll discuss the reservation information.