Early Archaic points.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome points! Aren't Greenbriars kind of transitional Paleo?

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Awesome points! Aren't Greenbriars kind of transitional Paleo?
Yep, coming out of the late Paleo period in Florida. in my opinion, Florida Greenbriars are our point for the Dalton period. And what many Fl collectors are calling Daltons, were much earlier, like Middle Paleo period. Because I've found them with Simpson points.

walkinboss01

Awesome finds

Redbow

Beautiful artifacts, thanks for showing them.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Dang, what a throwback. I knapped that point probably 20 years ago. Hold on to it. I can`t do that anymore. Might be worth something when I`m gone.
Brother, I'm with you. I miss knapping, but it absolutely kills my hands nowadays. I have absolutely gotta do a point swap with you one day if you have any left. I've got a few. It would honor me to have a Nic point.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Brother, I'm with you. I miss knapping, but it absolutely kills my hands nowadays. I have absolutely gotta do a point swap with you one day if you have any left. I've got a few. It would honor me to have a Nic point.

I think I have a few packed up somewhere. Let me see what I can find. :cheers:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think I have a few packed up somewhere. Let me see what I can find. :cheers:
I've got a Hillsboro made from Savannah River Agate you might like.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I agree, I learned knapping in the 1960's with the help of a scout leader down around Tampa that was very good. After I learned and made a few, I quit and destroyed all but about five I still have. Three on arrows I used to bow hunt rabbits in the 70's

Attachments

• Best Fl bow buck.jpg
    Best Fl bow buck.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 16