Early August “t”OSU update :)

bilgerat

Senior
I still wanna know how you can have a monthly update before the month even starts???

bullgator

I believe death by NIL is going to happen faster than I thought. Now kids are going to skip their senior year of high school? Who saw that coming?

nickel back

I believe death by NIL is going to happen faster than I thought. Now kids are going to skip their senior year of high school? Who saw that coming?

I think he only needs a English class and he is going to take it online....

but yes you're correct

bullgator

I think he only needs a English class and he is going to take it online....

but yes you're correct
He’s also skipping his senior year of football. Did anyone anticipate all this nonsense affecting high school sports? Amateur athletics are getting pimped into ruination.

James12

“I” think the NCAA should’ve adapted years ago, and a median could’ve been found between the two sides - this right here is in fact the beginning of the end.

nickel back

He’s also skipping his senior year of football. Did anyone anticipate all this nonsense affecting high school sports? Amateur athletics are getting pimped into ruination.

yes he is thinking on that, play his senior year and give up big money or take big money and give up senior.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I doubt there was ever any happy median to be found. As is always true something is NEVER enough. Remember "Cost of Attendance "? GIVE someone something and it won't be long before they want more and more and MORE.

bullgator

yes he is thinking on that, play his senior year and give up big money or take big money and give up senior.
I’m not talking about a kid that‘s making a personal choice. I’m talking about the folks who created the NIL policies that’s leading to high school sports being affected. You can bet this will be the start of a lot of 5 star high school players skipping their senior season. It’s going to be like the college players who skip bowl games to protect draft status.

nickel back

I’m not talking about a kid that‘s making a personal choice. I’m talking about the folks who created the NIL policies that’s leading to high school sports being affected. You can bet this will be the start of a lot of 5 star high school players skipping their senior season. It’s going to be like the college players who skip bowl games to protect draft status.

as long as they got the grades to skip their senior year, I don't have a problem with that. Most 5 star players will not have the criedts to skip their senior year though.

I also understand what yiur saying and the effects this can have on the high school sport

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I think the problem is that no policies have been made. It’s basically a free for all right now. Who knows who the policy makers are. The ncaa can’t make rules. Are the colleges going to make rules? Not a chance. Saint Nick is already touting the deals his QB has signed and the kid hasn’t played a game. If Ewers skips his senior year of football it will be just like skipping a bowl game. A whole seasons worth.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Well. Good,bad or indifferent, he’s in Columbus. That QB room is going to be a mess. I can see at least 2 transferring out by the end of the season.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Well. Good,bad or indifferent, he’s in Columbus. That QB room is going to be a mess. I can see at least 2 transferring out by the end of the season.
Y'all gotta make room for one of our QB transfers. You know it's coming. :bounce: