Early County

Ill be heading up this weekend for a quick hunt. Them older ones should start to be giving us some hints on where there at right about this time...

southwestslayer

We are northwest of Arlington 8 miles we started ed seeing Big bucks chasing last week but full swing is normally the 9th through the 20th and through the end of season. This weekend should be pretty awesome with the weather

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
We are northwest of Arlington 8 miles we started ed seeing Big bucks chasing last week but full swing is normally the 9th through the 20th and through the end of season. This weekend should be pretty awesome with the weather

think you and i are hunting pretty close to one another. i'm with you on those dates, sure am getting anxious. maybe some weekday hunters can keep the thread day-to-day. may try to slide in friday morning. if so i'll be sure to post.

RABJR

Sure is nice to see this thread active again, but it'd be a real sight to see Son again. I'll be headed up Thursday after work.

HIGH COUNTRY

Getting Close

Friend of mine who lives in miller county said he got nine inches of rain, some folks got over eleven inches.

Spring creek in Colquitt per USGS monitoring site, went from one foot to 3.5 feet tuesday night, to 8.1 feet yesterday afternoon - unbelievable.

I am going to "try" to hunt five mornings in a row, thursday thru monday am - but saturday will be rifle only hunkered down in a blind. Prob will not be in the bottoms, unless you use a boat...

Does anyone know where Son is?

RABJR

Texted with another hunter at the camp last night. They said does are by themselves and the bucks are alone. I am heading up early afternoon today. Might be able to squeeze in a very short evening hunt.

RABJR

Shot a coyote at 0722 at 150yards away. DRT. There were two but couldn't get the water out of my eye quick enough on this cold morning to get the second one on the run. Buddy took a coyote around 0750 chasing a doe. We are both using .270's. Heard about 3 other shots off in the distance. I haven't seen a deer yet but I'm smiling for just taking the coyote. It is 0820 now. Just heard another shot. Will check back later.

RABJR

Took a 17" wide 8 point that was trying to grow a 9th about 1000 yesterday. 3 does came out on my shooting lane from the left and worked away from me. About 3 minutes later the buck came from the right and was walking slowly behind them. I kept trying different vocals to get him to turn but he wouldn't. Finally he turned broadside and I could see the rack better but I just had this feeling he was fixing to turn away from me. Shot sooner than I wanted and he jumped straight up without a mule kick- never saw that before. I was hoping I hadn't guy shot him but I knew I was on at 150 yards when I dropped that coyote2.5 hours earlier. I waited exactly 30 minutes. Found good blood then some about half the size of my pinky finger nail every 30'. Kept working the trail very slowly (I wanted to just wonder). Then I found him. He ran about 50 yards and just crashed. His side was still twitching near the shot entrance very odd. Nice rack but I'm a little disappointed in myself as I think he's 3.5 years old. I try to harvest 4.5+. Hunted this piece 11 years and let a lot of bucks walk and he was my first here. Wish he'd been a year older but Whiddons in Leary was glad to have my business. He had freshly stained his tarsals but we haven't seen chasing yet.

I hunted all weekend and didn't see too much. Looks like they are still in the pre-rut stage on my side. A lot of fighting going on and young bucks cruising. Havn't noticed any chasing yet. Hopefully this coming up weekend the switch will turn on.

southwestslayer

We had 4- 8 point or better shot this past weekend saw a ton of deer bucks chasing.. a great weekend and great time to be in the woods by us

RABJR

Had a tornado come through about 0130 in the morning a few days ago. Headed up tomorrow after work to clean up the debris. Luckily our cabin was okay. Looks like 10-15mph winds this weekend.

HIGH COUNTRY

Nice tent may be in a different county

I had a nice Kelty three season tent left most of December near Miller/Early County line, wonder which county it might be in now???

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
My two biggest kills this past deer season. Total was two nice bucks, one doe and several hogs. Never saw the bucks i was holding out for.

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 839
  • Dec112016.jpg
    Dec112016.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 873

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just below Lucille Ga, we got rain too late to have a super deer season. One tornado missed our camp by about 40 yards, got big trees, but didn't touch any of the campers. Rain flooded some food plots, roads and filled the woods up. Selfies are difficult for old timers. Here's proof.

Attachments

• rain.jpg
    rain.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 935
  • selfie number four.jpg
    selfie number four.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 815

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Near the Miller/Early co line, we finally cleaned up our camp. Tornado took down large trees within forty yards of our campers, but didn't damage any.

Attachments

• cleanup3.jpg
    cleanup3.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 787