Early County

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

catch22

Best processor in the area. Hunting in Damascus. Will stay in Blakely, but will drive out of the way to a good processor.

I want to drop off entire deer: they gut, skin, turn it into cube steak, burger, sausage, deer sticks....

I do not want to leave carcasses or gut piles on my property if I can help it. Keep the coyotes down.

buckbarn in bainbridge. Ive used them for years and years.

jcbcpa

Go see Flint at Rubo's in Ft. Gaines. I've had many deer processed over the years and he gets it right every time.

don

in ft gains it would be mr flint works at rubo's grocery store. turn key job and a very good butcher.

Bear10

Looks like opening day of rifle is going to be a rain out with the tropical system moving in, but we definitely need the rain, so we can't complain too much. Hopefully the cold weather will follow!

Gone Fishin

Hunted Sat afternoon, Sunday morning. Saw a few Does with fawns. Some of the fawns looked really young for this time of year, as compared to between Moultrie/Valdosta area (other place I hunt). I "assume" it is due to breeding being ~month later. Didn't pull the trigger because the fawns were so small. I could have shot a doe w/ a yearling late Sat afternoon. But she was too far for a comfortable neck shot, so I passed. I don't like tracking deer at night, unless it is a good buck.

I was windy. Sunday morning I actually put on my light jacket. It was very comfortable.

Bear10

It seems like more and more reports are coming from GA with fawn siting later in the year. I remember when all the spots were gone before bow season started. I guess mother nature knows what she's doing.

Bear10

I heard a lot of shots this past Saturday, but unfortunately none of them were from my rifle, but I did see plenty of deer.

twtabb

Lots of movement Saturday evening. Found a stand that the storm and loggers missed. Sat near edge of peanut field and they were feeding early. Popped a big doe but saw several.

Bear10

Hunted Saturday morning with my daughter and saw 15 deer. Three were bucks but they were a little to far for my daughter to shoot as she is trying to shoot her first deer and wants it to be a buck. Stilling seeing bucks together as the rut hasn't started yet.

Bear10

From the sign I saw this past weekend, the rut is just around the corner. The bucks are more active and seem to be paying a little more attention to the doe. Hopefully it stays cold.

Bear10

Hunted Saturday morning and my daughter killed a big 7pt. Saw some small bucks checking does but the does didn’t want to cooperate.

Mauser

Picking cotton in Arlington right now and have been watching two small bucks chasing does for an hour in the cotton field

Gone Fishin

Last Tuesday my dad and I shot 2 does and 1 good buck. We hunted Sat thru Monday saw a few but nothing offered a decent shot. We were hunting Tues morning and heading home, so we were looking to put one down. Tues morning we shot 2 does fairly early in the morning. Two deer to drag is more than enough work so we were done hunting. First deer of the year, been a slow season. I parked ~25 ft from my ladder, because it is the best spot to hide the truck. I climbed down to go pick up my dad to go find the does. I was packing up my stuff in the Truck, I closed the cover on my bed, untied my rifle and put it in the case in the back floor of the truck. Before I closed the back door of the truck I looked up and a 10pt had walked out into the little field I was watch.

I wish I could tell you the story about me getting to the stand 2 hrs before day light, using my hunting skills to kill him, but I shot him off the back of the truck. Other than almost having a heart attack dragging 3 deer, it was a great morning. My dad and I are 123yrs old together.

For comparison in the photo, both does are near 100 lbs. Biggest buck that I have ever shot.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5Nbjq52SmWeYqQth8