Early, Miller and Seminole counties Ga

Bear10

I planted food plots to Saturday morning, it was 46 degrees when I arrived at the lease, now we need some rain. They turned the peanuts over last week in the irrigated field behind me but haven’t touched the field that doesn’t have irrigation, the ground is probably to dry.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
We planted, and it poured rain on them this morning. Looking good and the first buck has been taken by a youth. Nice 8 from the culvert stand.

Bear10

I saw the rain on the radar yesterday, I think it barely hit my woods, hopefully we get some more soon. Congrats to the young hunter!

Bear10

I was able to hunt Saturday morning, didn’t see anything I wanted to shoot, but it was good to be in the stand and watch some deer. I heard plenty of shooting in the area, as it sounded like several were trying to fill their freezers on opening morning. I’ve still have some venison from last season so I’m being picky with what I shoot so far.

Reactions: Son

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
We saw a few deer, nothing big. One big sow was taken out. I posted on my hunt club FB page to shoot the sows first when they see hogs. FB took the post down, put me in jail for six days for saying "Shoot". Idiots rule that forum. I might go hunt one day this week, depends on the weather and humidity. We did finally get the last plot planted, and those previously planted are up.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
We saw a few deer, nothing big. One big sow was taken out. I posted on my hunt club FB page to shoot the sows first when they see hogs. FB took the post down, put me in jail for six days for saying "Shoot". Idiots rule that forum. I might go hunt one day this week, depends on the weather and humidity. We did finally get the last plot planted, and those previously planted are up.

Bear10

We still need some rain in SW GA, food plots are slow to come up and the creeks are dry. Some fields still have peanuts in them, I assume the ground is too hard to pull the peanuts up without destroying them.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rain may be on the way says some weather folks. I'm waiting for the cotton fields to be harvested. That's when more big bucks begin showing up in our club. When the corn fields were harvested, we got plenty hogs, too many.

Attachments

• hogsnov3rd.jpg
    hogsnov3rd.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 12

Havana Dude

I’m concentrating on getting work done at my place. I have a good friend helping me out that has no financial investment in our place. He doesn’t have free rein to hunt whenever, but when I go, he knows he’s welcome. He works more than the landowners. It’s a weird situation to say the least. I enjoy having someone else around to do chores. We’ve been friends 40 years, more than the current land owners.

mcfay

Im seeing a decrease in deer activity compared to previous years. Cameras are showing most activity is at night or early in the morning... I have seen a few good bucks and plenty of young bucks but overall activity is slow. Im thinking its because of the dry weather …

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Im seeing a decrease in deer activity compared to previous years. Cameras are showing most activity is at night or early in the morning... I have seen a few good bucks and plenty of young bucks but overall activity is slow. Im thinking its because of the dry weather …
Mornings have been the most active in Miller Co so far. And it's too dry and warm to enjoy hunting afternoons. Seeing plenty young deer and lots of turkeys. Turkeys had a good nesting season. Three flocks are hanging on us now, but will leave if all the water dries up.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Storm helped the plots, they're looking great. Deer are enjoying them along with the huge acorn crop. I have cell cams, and they show does doing plenty daytime activity. Mature bucks are moving most before light, and right after dark. But they are tending scrapes. I've passed on one eight point so far, and passed on several younger bucks. Waiting on some of those big boys the cams have gotten photos of. Shooting every hog seen.

Havana Dude

Good to see ya on here Son. Been busy working on our place waiting for thanksgiving opener for 4 days . Got some bush hoggin done today. Hope you are well.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm about to get excited as more buck sign shows up. Plenty scrapes being worked by younger bucks now, but the old bucks will soon move in and take those scrapes over. It's almost rattling time for me. Just hope to see a couple of the nice old bucks I have on camera. I've been passing em up so far. Couple nice eights and a nice high rack seven.

Havana Dude

Thanksgiving weekend was a bust for me. Went a couple times. Too hot and dry for us. Not much movement. Actually decided to work one of the four days of opener. Will pay off come mid December - mid Jan .

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have four cell cams out. Deer movement since todays storm passed has been almost none. Just a doe and a couple small bucks. Only one during daylight.

twtabb

Does must be feeding at night with full moon. We only saw bucks moving today in daylight.
Got some meat for the freezer. Going to try a new processor for some sausage.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller Co. Ga. end of our club. It's so try the hogs have moved out. Plenty deer hanging around though. Black powder the 14th, regular gun begins the 21st. All those excuses the club members use for not coming up to help get things in order will disappear,. As always, two or three of us keeps the camp and woods up. Trees removed from roads year round, and overhanging limbs trimmed. Stationary blinds sprayed for wasp and bugs. That's how it is every year, and it will never change.

Attachments

• Buck cam 2.jpg
    Buck cam 2.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts