Early, Miller and Seminole counties Ga

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
A hunter can't beat the thrill of walking up on an old buck like this. Took three years to get him after the first trail camera photo. One season he completely disappeared from the camera's. I favor hunting rough places, ecotones, swamp and pond edges rather than watching plots or feeders. In my opinion, mature bucks will avoid feeders during daylight. Camera's back to back sometimes show old bucks off in the dark watching younger deer at feeders. Bait on the ground beats feeders if put in the right places. Results seen since baiting has been legal has proven that in our woods.

Good looking buck, and glad to see you posting

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I was contacted by email and reminded that y'all were still here. lol
Have a spypoint camera out, trying to see what made it through the season, and what shape they're in. Lots of hogs and coons getting in the way though.

Attachments

• spypoint (15).jpg
    spypoint (15).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 19

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Relocated my spypoint camera, it's sending photo's, but wont let me delete them. Watching our gate, someone has been taking the gates down. Saw lots of deer sign today, they have been moving a bunch since the rains.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Always plant greens in with the oats in plots. This season, the greens didn't make it in the plots. Animals mowed them to the ground. Good thing I decided to plant a small patch of mustard at home. Looking good, and I love fresh greens.

Attachments

• greens.jpg
    greens.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 2

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
In the past My club has used FB to stay in touch, keep up with one another etc. We have now moved to MeWe. And deleted FB.
Up to the property today to move the spy camera, check our gate and camp. Somebody has been damaging our gates and taking them down. We now have those gates watched. One gate will need to be taken down and straightened, probably by driving a truck up on it. Looks like a vehicle pushed it, hammers beat the hinges etc. We have been having problems with a local in the past, hope he hasn't decided to start up again. Darn shame some people can't mind their own business, we've been on the same property for 34 years and haven't bothered anyone. Might say, we're a good neighbor. Deer sign was few for the two weeks after season closed. Now it's picking back up. Guess deer took a rest and are now looking for food sources. Darn hogs never took a break. I took 28 out of our woods this past deer season. Butchered a few and gave away all people would take. I'll put gilts like the one pictured in my freezers.

Attachments

• Gilt Dec 26.jpg
    Gilt Dec 26.jpg
    753.5 KB · Views: 6

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I use a Browning A bolt in 30-06 with 180 gr bullets. Used them for many years and they have never let me down. Ammo is hard to find now, glad I stocked up months ago. If you're getting to the age where you can't trust your joints. Do as I have done. Build some elevated stands much like this. If you want to keep down on weight, making them easier to raise. Build the frame, cover with camo tarps. Cut windows any size you want. You'll be glad you did. Elevated keeps you shots from being horizonal, and allows a better view in most cases. The biggest bucks killed in our property the last two seasons were killed from such blinds.

Attachments

• Hideaway.jpg
    Hideaway.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 17

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Raining this morning at Lake Seminole. Spypoint camera showed deer moving before the rain at about 4:30 am or so in Miller and Early counties. Lake Seminole continues to be at the high water mark. Bet fish are all out in the woods and fields now. Where ever the rivers or lake is out of the banks.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Old crazy horns, met his end this past season during the rut. We had been after him for three years, he had to be at least six years old.

Attachments

• Possumagain.jpg
    Possumagain.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 17
  • scotty.jpg
    scotty.jpg
    696.4 KB · Views: 17

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
This buck was rattled in in 2018 by me, I passed because thought his G2 was broken. Later camera photo's showed the G2 was deformed not broken. This past season member got him during the rut. He was at least 5.5 to 6.5 years old. Shows how smart they are, and how nocturnal they get with age.

Attachments

• PICT0035.JPG
    PICT0035.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 23
  • buckroydec13.jpg
    buckroydec13.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 23

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Holding out for mature bucks we knew were using the property ended the season for me with one buck. And he's not one I was after. Can't find a live photo of this buck, but think we had him on camera about three years ago, and he was big then if so. Old and run down from rutting. Got him the last weekend. That's the three oldest bucks killed by my club. Several other good looking bucks were killed, think all were 2.5 or 3.5 year old bucks. Some can't stand to hold out for old bucks, it could mean no bucks for a season. Have to be lucky to kill the limit of two old Ga bucks in a season, but it can happen.

Attachments

• pipe4.jpg
    pipe4.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 11
  • pipe2.jpg
    pipe2.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 11

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
My two bucks from the 2019 season. Both were killed on the Miller/Early county line. Being out in the swamp, was difficult tell exactly which county each fell. Just had to pick one.

Attachments

• spearpondB.jpg
    spearpondB.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Dec 10th morning.jpg
    Dec 10th morning.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 19

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
That place sounds like a great place to hunt.
We love it, and pass on lots of bucks. Our club has a limit of two bucks, two does per paid member. That has been working for years now. And probably helps those who hunt around our property lines. Half of the members will hold out for old bucks, the other half often settles for anything with a decent rack.

Attachments

• Gall berry patch.jpg
    Gall berry patch.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 15

oldways

Good job Son I hunt Mayhaw every year one of my favorite places to go but has gotten crowded in the last couple of years..

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I haven't always been an old deer hunter. Photo of my first buck, killed two that day. Collier Co. Florida 1959. This one is a six point. Second one was an 8.

Attachments

• 19247835_10207451082795003_740746813947514261_n.jpg
    19247835_10207451082795003_740746813947514261_n.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 13

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
In my younger days, was a pretty fair bowhunter. Problem then was, there wasn't many rack bucks on management areas. Most successful week bowhunting was in Macon Co. Al when it was a deer a day. Killed five bucks and one doe in six days with a bow. FBC shirts, when I was President of The Florida Bowhunters Council inc. Mid 1970 through Feb of 82.

Attachments

• bowhunting.jpg
    bowhunting.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Citbuck.jpg
    Citbuck.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 16
  • bullcreek.jpg
    bullcreek.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 16

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Bull Creek management area is in Osceola co. Fl. Talk about a swamp, that's a big one.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
My equipment to keep up the hunting woods, roads, plots etc. and My mode of travel when going and coming from stands quietly. Old 1946 Ford, Kubota, low boy trailer and lifted 48v cart.

Attachments

• 11138136_10203166525363745_5262656316654962082_n.jpg
    11138136_10203166525363745_5262656316654962082_n.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Kubotajune.JPG
    Kubotajune.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 12
  • kubotatrailer.jpg
    kubotatrailer.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 12
  • buggyhunting.jpg
    buggyhunting.jpg