Early, Miller and Seminole counties Ga

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Photo, my truck coming in the gate. We've had problems with people tearing our gates down. Repaired it yesterday, and will catch then next time. We've leased from several companies over the last 34 years, same property. Last owner, before our current one killed all the big live oaks along the roads etc. We're constantly having to use the Kubota to push trees and tree parts from the roads for about seven or more years now. Definitely a safety hazard. Sure wouldn't want one to fall on me or my truck. Last conflict we had was with Barfield auctions. He tried to run the public through us to check out some land he was trying to sell on the north of us. Our chain was cut, gates bent, hinge pins pulled etc. After it all passed, the auction was a bust, nothing sold. Friend who passed away 11 years ago always said, it's the OP factor that is a pain. "Other People". He was right, there's always someone who's going to be a pain in the neck. That's as nice as I can put it.

Attachments

• gatetruck.jpg
    gatetruck.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 13
  • clubbsept13th.jpg
    clubbsept13th.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 13

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
You running cell cameras at your gate or non cell and just check them often?
Both now, Knowing where they are, from the gate I couldn't pick them out. Also have our camp watched by camera's. We've been losing drop cords and other things. Somebody took five of my drop cords. one 12 gauge for the hanging pole lights. We don't need the cords now, we have everything wired. One push mower, a dog cage belonging to the property owner etc. have disappeared. Always a thief around.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
We still have a great group in the club, although we don't kill as many deer as we used to. Probably because of all the habitat loss in the area. Thousands of acres have gone to pasture and crop farming in the last five years. About half our members didn't get a buck the last two or three seasons. I got only one buck this past season, and that was on the last weekend. Almost got skunked.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sitting on the dock at Lake Seminole watching a couple bass fishermen. They were catching a few on black rubber worms. Best looked to be about 3 pounds or so. Lake is high, with the main lake stained pretty bad. Specks are biting if you can find em. Had a couple tell me they had found some, and tore em up.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Went to the dock to see if I could catch a fish or two. Mosquito's were already there, so made a cast or two and came back into the house.. No bites from the fish.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Impatiently waiting for all this bad weather to stop. Would like to get back on the water and catch some fresh fish. Lake Seminole

Attachments

• IMG_20190731_201023272.jpg
    IMG_20190731_201023272.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 12
  • boat in .jpg
    boat in .jpg
    556.4 KB · Views: 12

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Another wet and breezy day at Lake Seminole. SW Georgia.

Attachments

• A windy day 2.jpg
    A windy day 2.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 11

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
This weather is crimping my style, Just not an indoor person. Need a good day to just ride around our woods, check hog traps and food plots. We don't have any Booners, but we enjoy hunting anyway. Looking back, it's noticed our success rate sure has gone down since so much land around us has gone into pastures and crop farming. Just not enough habitat to draw from anymore. Guess if we run out of deer, we can turn loose some goats........lol

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Our property in Miller and Early co Ga is flooded, wouldn't want to try and drive through there now. Over six feet deep out there. Need a boat to get to that blind.

Attachments

• mayhawfull.jpg
    mayhawfull.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 13

twtabb

More rain coming. I wanted to do fire breaks but I think it’s to wet for that. I want to be ready to burn when it drys out. I may try pushing some small brush up since the ground is so soft really need a good burn this year.

Reactions: Son

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Couple of us old guys were talking about how much we had learned about hunting and fishing all these years. I said, "I wish I still knew half of what I've forgotten". Folks, that's old age.

oldways

I'll be surprised if there is going to be much burning this year been a wet one won't be many trees planted in low lands either or they will drown and get stuck.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yep, it's wet. Doubt it will go down any before local farms begin irrigating. If and when they do, all this water usually disappears within two weeks.

Attachments

• Mikes shooting hose pond.jpg
    Mikes shooting hose pond.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 13
  • MDGC0015.JPG
    MDGC0015.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 13
  • anice scene .jpg
    anice scene .jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 13
  • duckpond rd 2.jpg
    duckpond rd 2.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 13

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Yep, it's wet. Doubt it will go down any before local farms begin irrigating. If and when they do, all this water usually disappears within two weeks.
Very pretty scenes,I share your impatience,it happens to me every year. I mostly want to work the dirt and plant a garden.

Mauser

Hope y'all are hunkered down,sounds like it might be rough down that way

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rough it is, thunder, lightening and heavy rains with wind.

twtabb

Rough here in Bainbridge. Hard winds and rain. I heard a few limbs fall in the yard. It ain’t over.

Mauser

Wasn't too bad here in Morgan. Got a inch of rain. Had a rotation south of us near Milford. Hope y'all didn't have any damage!