Early, Miller and Seminole counties Ga

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Had grilled mullet with scales on for supper with cheese grits and baked beans. Just cut the head off, open them from the back and lay out flat. Gut, wash and put on the grill. Wipe with olive oil, salt and pepper a bit. They were good.
The reason for leaving the scales on is. Put the fish scales down and they will not stick to the grill. Then much like the Indians did, pick the meat off natures platter, watch for the bones. No damage I could see, just a mess in the yard with limbs etc.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Fertilized this plot of radishes and oats. It's made a huge difference. Deer, and rabbits coming to it, it's greened up nice. Finally a small buck has found it. Coyotes are keeping an eye on the plot as well.

Attachments

• spypoint (22).jpg
    spypoint (22).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 10

oldways

I smoke mullet the same way scales on season salt and little lemon pepper we got a little more weather coming in Thurs according to the weather man..

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Pretty day, but bet it wont stay like this for long. Should be some bass biting in deep water. Need to pull the boat out and clean it up a bit to get ready for fishing weather. One transducer is broken off, need to put it back on. Pressure wash a bit, it needs it.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Not often we see water here, our woods are flooded again.

Attachments

• pipestand view .jpg
    pipestand view .jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 16

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Report today is, our property is flooded, some areas they couldn't get too. Coons had tripped one of the hog traps. Water running across roads etc. My spypoint camera has reached it's 100 photos for the month. Does took most, coons took a bunch and one hog had his photo taken. Too wet to plow or plant anything. Our plots are looking good though. Hope all the rain hasn't leached all the fertilizer out of em.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Back in my bow hunting days. At full draw at a bowhunters jamboree. 70's

Attachments

• Full draw .jpg
    Full draw .jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 12

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
When President of the Florida bowhunters council, we gave away plenty trophies, it was a three day jamboree each year. They continue to this day.

Attachments

• FBCtrophies .jpg
    FBCtrophies .jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 10

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
My VP and board of directors Florida Bowhunters council inc.

Attachments

• FBC board .jpg
    FBC board .jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 10

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miss those days, and the youth that went with it.

Attachments

• fish andgame.jpg
    fish andgame.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 7

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
FBC members shooting at the running deer target. Talk about fun, that was it.
I left Fl in 82, first moved to Al, for five years, then here in S Ga for the last 36 years or so

Attachments

• FBC running deer .jpg
    FBC running deer .jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 11

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
My group are already thinking about spring food plot planting. We have several plots with good looking clover, one with those long radishes. the rest are in oats and have greened back up after having fertilizer applied. Spring planting will be black sunflowers, peas and some beans. Planting and maintaining the hunting land takes more labor than most want to donate. No matter how large a club is, only a small percentage will join in on the labor. Guess some feel they pay to hunt, not work. To me, it's all part of hunting private clubs. Something one can't enjoy on public lands.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Planted food plot today with peas and sunflowers. Relocated an elevated blind. Sure could have used some help, but that's not what showed up.

Attachments

• fourplot .jpg
    fourplot .jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Relocating.jpg
    Relocating.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Relocated .jpg
    Relocated .jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 20

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
March sixth, found our woods in Early and Miller counties still very wet. Water continues to run across our woods, ponds and swamps are full. Managed to prep some plots and relocate a couple stands.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Have a spypoint camera watching a food plot. Deer are hammering that plot day and night. My 100 free photos a month are not going to last long if they keep that up. It's an oats and turnip plot

Bear10

With turner season starting this weekend, hopefully someone will a picture of a gobbler to post on here. I want be hunting, got some chores to catch up on.