Early, Miller and Seminole counties Ga

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
With turner season starting this weekend, hopefully someone will a picture of a gobbler to post on here. I want be hunting, got some chores to catch up on.
None of my cameras have gotten a gobbler in over two weeks. Believe they have gone to corn off the property, same as several years in the past. That's where I will hear shots opening morning. Wish those baiters would just go buy them a turkey.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
In the fifties with wind, Not a turkey day for me. Especially when my cameras are not getting any turkeys. Noticed the birds were not too active around the house today either. Cameras are still getting bucks with antlers.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rain and cold, not good.
We took out a large loquat tree, Sapsuckers had girdled the trunk and it was dying. Photo it of one limb. The trunk was almost completely girdled. Tree wasn't getting enough from the ground to keep it alive. Now, hope they don't take to my other two.

Attachments

• loquat2.jpg
    loquat2.jpg
    557.7 KB · Views: 18

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
In Miller co yesterday. Saw a gobbler and hen in a field next to us. and One hen at our gate. Rabbits were out everywhere. Predator control during season must have helped the bunnies. Hope it helps the turkeys and deer too. Had wind gust up to 30 mph they say, and I believe it could have been more. The wind put some small dead trees down in the roads, they never fall the other way. Local farms are irrigating, the woods will dry up in two weeks or less. Happens every year. Still not enough turkey sign in our woods to get me excited enough to get up before light.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Went turkey hunting Monday, March 29th, All I saw was this one legged hen. Bet she would be tough as rubber.

Attachments

• Gertrude.jpg
    Gertrude.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 17

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thunderstorms moved through this afternoon, going east. Started at Lake Seminole around 8 pm

Havana Dude

Yea, that thing slid south as well. Had some nasty winds here ahead of the rain. Rain began and it was pretty much calm at that point.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
46 on my back porch this morning at daybreak. Windy too.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
A nippy 40 at Lake Seminole this morning, not a porch sitting time. Already warmed up to about 50 here at 10:30. Hope March came back and got that wind to save for next year.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Saw a gobbler today, not much to him, probably a 2 year old. Maybe an 8 inch beard and small body. Seems to be the only gobbler visiting the two or three hens nesting on our property. Camera's showing bucks have dropped antlers. Aired tractor tires, checked oil, plots etc. Just a good day.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
We were drying up, but couple days of storms has us wet again. With that much rain, the turkeys ought to be good and clean...lol

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Still no gobbler. Been a few times with no luck. No gobbles, nothing but hens on our place. Saw one gobbler, but he was across the line. About to give up, then today. Spypoint camera sends a photo of a gobbler passing the camera. Bet he kept going and wont be hanging around. But I may go a couple more times, just to be in the woods.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Woods are flooded, one tower stand down. In fact it's down and moved a good distance from where it had stood. Trees down everywhere,. The highest I've seen the slough on our place.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Not seeing much turkey sign in our woods, had almost given up on turkeys. But to give it one more try, went yesterday. I was shocked, Right after sunrise, a white turkey hen came out into a field, and went on. About 8:30, heard some tree yelping, then had three jakes fly down in front of me. I never knew they were there. Saw another hen cross the field. Then around 10 am, noticed a hen coming into the field followed by a mature tom. Not using a decoy, I called to him but he didn't respond. Around 10:30 the hen left him. Then it took me until 11:30 or so to call him in range. I didn't pull the trigger until it was noticed he was fixing to leave. 11 inch beard.

Attachments

• apr28e.jpg
    apr28e.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 13