Gone But Not Forgotten
We worked on plots yesterday.

Attachments

• foodplotmayc.jpg
    foodplotmayc.jpg
    441 KB · Views: 17

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Cleaned up and mowed camp one more time. Rains keep the grass and weeds growing in leaps and bounds.

Attachments

• campmay9.jpg
    campmay9.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 17

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
To hunt camp to mow today, never finished. Mower began having problems. Blades coming loose. Tightened twice, finally gave up and came home. Storms were moving into the Mayhaw area. Got home and it was storming here at Lake Seminole too.

Attachments

• campjun12.jpg
    campjun12.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 14

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tuesday, went up and finished mowing the hunt camp. Checking the woods and cameras in the heat wasn't too much fun. Found the woods drying up fast as local farms continue to irrigate. Some does still heavy, but many look they have already dropped. Coyote activity has increased, keeping a check on turkeys and deer.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Son, I don`t what the Corp sprayed, but the lily pads and vegetation in front of my dock has died. They`ve also cut a path through the dead stuff. First time I`ve ever seen them do anything on a voluntary basis.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Son, I don`t what the Corp sprayed, but the lily pads and vegetation in front of my dock has died. They`ve also cut a path through the dead stuff. First time I`ve ever seen them do anything on a voluntary basis.
I agree, not a normal activity for the Corp. Only thing I've noticed that the Corp has done is. They repaired the carp gate south of Cypress Pond right after hurricane Michael of 2018. The gates don't seem to be in operation, no lights come on. And, I've seen no grass carp around my dock yet. Corp did have Forestry do burns around the lake this year. And, I've noticed the Corp continues to have super snoops monitor docks from land and water. Often wonder what threats the Corp gives to land owners who have run down docks that appears to be in front of vacant lots?. Or do they just jump on us who keep our docks up?

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Had a great supper tonight. Wild hog pork chops killed last season. Home grown beans and squash. With sliced home grown tomatoes in vinegar and salt. Grew the beans and squash at the hunt camp.

catch22

@Son ....we picked up a small piece of land to hunt in extreme southern Early county. When is the rut in that area of the county? Mid December??

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
@Son ....we picked up a small piece of land to hunt in extreme southern Early county. When is the rut in that area of the county? Mid December??

I've always figured the tenth of Dec, depending on conditions and the moon. Can be few days before or after. Couple years I've seen the rut miss that mark and be near the last of Dec. I've managed a farm for hunting and timber for over fourteen years south of 84 on the river. And properties north of the Cedar Springs rd, east of highway 39.
But take last season for consideration. Last weekend, my club saw the rut in full swing, it had been going on for about a week or so. I held out all season in hopes of getting two bucks from some I had on camera. None showed up for me. One member got one I was hoping for. Last Sat, I shot an old buck nobody had seen, nor had on a camera.

Attachments

• pipe1.jpg
    pipe1.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 18

catch22

I've always figured the tenth of Dec, depending on conditions and the moon. Can be few days before or after. Couple years I've seen the rut miss that mark and be near the last of Dec. I've managed a farm for hunting and timber for over fourteen years south of 84 on the river. And properties north of the Cedar Springs rd, east of highway 39.
But take last season for consideration. Last weekend, my club saw the rut in full swing, it had been going on for about a week or so. I held out all season in hopes of getting two bucks from some I had on camera. None showed up for me. One member got one I was hoping for. Last Sat, I shot an old buck nobody had seen, nor had on a camera.

thank you...thats kinda what I was thinking. The piece that we got is small....its in between Jakin and Cedar Springs area

Reactions: Son

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Finally caught a buck in the woods, far from the peanut fields. He's one of a group of four. Got their photo's again last week. Antlers are getting up there. Miller Co.

Attachments

• spypoint (56).jpg
    spypoint (56).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 19

Bear10

Headed to Early county tomorrow to check the land, I expect to find plenty of water. Hopefully there’s not any hog sign.

Reactions: Son

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hog sign has shown up again. Our woods are wet and I don't expect any members to be coming to the woods. They only show up in deer season. So, I'm thinking about going fishing.

Bear10

Saw Plenty of standing water in the woods but not as much as I expected. The farmers must be running their pivots and I’m sure the heat is helping dry it up to. Saw a little hog sign.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Jerone and I mowed the center of most of our roads, to keep the seeds etc out of our radiators. Some roads were grown up bad, as are some plots. When my back has me down and he has to work weekends, the place goes to pot. Not happy with my land owner, they sold an easement through us to a landlocked 250 acres for another club. We have leased that property for years, but it sold last year and the new owner leased it to someone else. Now we'll have people coming through for over a mile who we don't know. I'm suppose to keep everyone out that's not with our group. Guess that's null and void now. I haven't been given a list as to is allowed to use that easement, Hoping there will be no aggressive tires coming in to keep the road tore up. Now wondering who's responsibility will it be to keep up that section of road? Never a dull moment when you're leasing. Always something coming up to keep you wondering how long will this last.

Attachments

• cranked.jpg
    cranked.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 6