Early, Miller and Seminole counties Ga

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Had a good rain at lake Seminole today, lasted about 40 minutes hard rain.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Checked our woods in West Miller co, no rain yet. Drying out fast.

twtabb

Just left farm in Miller. Dry, lots of deer activity looks like mainly during the night with this full moon. Did hear a shot about sunset.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
My cameras are showing most deer activity is at night, early mornings. While the air is full of dust caused by peanut harvesting. It's the sneeze season.

I remained home to repair my ezgo club car, had a bad motor bearing.

Bear10

My property is drying up to but there’s still plenty of standing water in the low areas and plenty of skeeters.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yep, lower land is still holding tight. Shallow swamps drying up. It's because run off has stopped.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Woods are flooded again, some say we got over 2 inches this week. I haven't hunted yet.

mcfay

Jumping in here posting what im seeing with bucks in North Miller county. I leave out at 5:15am every morning and I usually see a lot of deer at that time . Im still seeing young bachelor groups ( 5 to 7 two/three year old) several mornings a week. No mature bucks yet . We are seeing bucks also while hunting but they are young.

Bear10

I’m seeing the same as you, saw a bachelor group this past weekend and my trail cameras are still showing bucks together. They should start splitting up in the next couple of weeks and becoming a little more territorial, especially with the cooler weather. Scrapes are being freshened and seeing some sparring from the young bucks.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I haven't gotten any photo's of a bachelor groups in couple weeks now. Not seeing many mature bucks yet, but those seen are alone now. Be glad when the cotton fields around us are harvested, because bucks love to lay up in cotton.

Gone Fishin

Eastern Early: My bucks are still together in groups.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Spent two days hunting on the Early Miller county line near Springfield. Couple of us saw no deer either day. Could it be the lull before the action begins? Seeing a few big rubs around. I watching trails, no bait used. Couple using corn saw some small deer early in the mornings.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
We had a moderate rain in the Mayhaw, Springfield area of Miller and Early counties yesterday. Most deer activity has been at night with a few showing up just after sunrise.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Finally deer began moving good today in W. Miller co. Ga. Saw five this morning, one was a six point. This afternoon at 5:15, had a fine young 8 walk by. Nice rack, no mass so he was free to go.

mcfay

I saw a lot of activity in Miller county yesterday evening. Does and bucks but nothing that suggested any rut activity. The bucks ( 3) mingled with the does and would do a quick turn and follow if a doe walked by but then stop and go right back to eating. The bucks ( 4 pt, young 8 and a very mature shooter that never completely stepped out enough to give me a decent shot). Im thinking another few weeks and things should really heat up.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Usually, the mature bucks begin roaming more around Thanksgiving and will respond to rattling and calling. The rut has been hitting us around Dec 10th or so. Young bucks are hitting scrapes now.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Set the hog trap yesterday, had five in the trap today. one is missing a front leg. Too many darn hogs in our woods, now have two traps set. And we're shooting every one we see.

Attachments

• output (34).jpg
    output (34).jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts