Eatin' Like Uptown Folks

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man that looks good!! What exactly is a "serviceberry"? Not sure I've heard of that before?
Amelanchier trees. There are several species. They are a common small-to-medium sized tree that blooms white really early in the year (about the time that the circuit riding preachers used to start having services again back in the day,) and are covered with berries right now. They are very similar in flavor to blueberries. They are locally called "sarvis" trees here. In some places, they are called shadbush, because they bloom about the time the shad start running in the rivers.

autumn-serviceberry-juneberries_570x570_crop_center_1000x1000.jpg

what-is-a-serviceberry-tree-Mar162021-1-min.jpg

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Me and Quack had a telephone conversation about this the other day.?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Quack said, “Man this might sound funny but he cooks the best lookin French fries I’ve ever seen.”?. It’s true.
They're not up with Kevin's "tie em in a knot taters" but, oh well....:)

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
They're not up with Kevin's "tie em in a knot taters" but, oh well....:)
Man! Them things. My little girl could get several handfuls of them and make pom poms out of them.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
@NC Hillbilly did you put on a button down shirt and lace up shoes before you sat down at the table?

I ain't even axin' about no tie

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Well look at you! Fancy son of a gun. There’s a few SB trees in the grass median on Marietta HWY in Roswell. Every year I see the local hombres picking em. Good stuff.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
@NC Hillbilly did you put on a button down shirt and lace up shoes before you sat down at the table?

I ain't even axin' about no tie
Pair of Academy stretchy camo drawstring shorts, no shirt, barefeeted. :)