Eating tag soup in Kentucky

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
The weather has been somewhat chilly in the mornings. But each day since Sunday afternoon when we got here, it got very warm. Not much movement and I didn’t even see a deer til my 3rd sit.
My first chance, I had a perfect chip shot but passed on a small doe…….she was the first deer I saw. I watched her for 10 minutes but no other deer came in.
One evening as twilight came fast, I heard a young buck grunting his way to us trailing behind a few does. I got a great look at this guy who only stared at me for a few seconds before a bigger buck came in. This bigger buck came in and turned a perfect broadside in front of me and his head was blocked by a big tree! I came to full draw on a this buck at 21 yards, but there were 3 small saplings blocking my target. They just gave enough clearance to let me see him, and he was a good one…….but it was getting dark fast! I held at full draw seemingly forever with subconscious effort, and amazingly relaxed! I saw him step forward, but when he came out I had to look outside my sights to see him! Time ran out, it was too dark, so I let down……then I just started shaking!! Wow what a thrill!
Next opportunity I was surrounded by deer with 3 on my left and 2 on my right. A nice doe became my target and she gave me a decent quartering to me shot, but the other big doe was right beside me on the other side…..i never drew my bow back.
So, I’m eating tag soup this trip, but heading to Ohio this morning! I’m hoping to put some meat in these empty coolers we’re toting around. I may come back to KY for a quickie gun hunt in a week or two…..fingers crossed!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Good luck! Hope y'all bring back plenty

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
KY gun opener looks chilly.....beach weather until then!
Yes! I may come back for a quick day and a half gun hunt. My cousin really awaits one of us to get a deer and asked us to come back. I’m gonna check coverage and see what I can do!

Ajohnson0587

Had my first sit this AM here in Murray KY, I'm here for 5 days. I pray I don't eat tag soup like last yr, I got busted by the biggest deer I've ever seen on my 2nd day. Good Luck in Ohio!