Eclipse meal was one of the best I've done in a long time....

Dub

Not sure if was the wonky alignment of celestial bodies or these killer glasses......but, tonight's dinner was one of the best I've ever done. Hands down. Thanks to a recipe for the main course and some freelance on dessert.

Good deck & kitchen tunes.....

Local peaches were needed for all aspects of this meal. One even made it into the pitmaster's drink.

Baked potatoes, pork tenderloin and grilled peaches.

Used a balsamic vinegar reduction sauce for the peaches and the tenderloin. Loaded the peaches with feta cheese before pulling them off the grill.

Used some Everglade's Rub on the tenderloins before brushing on the sauce after they seared.

Used up almost the last of my Pineapple Head on dessert....some peach & pineapple tarts.

Overcooked, but dang tasty.

Took this one up to the wife who was turning in early.

Normally I criticize everything I cook in hopes of finding areas of improvement. Other than the overcooked tarts.....I feel great about the results here.

I should have measured stuff on dessert. I didn't and next time may be different. Writing down notes now.

Dub

Their ^^^^^^ balsamic vinegar is worth it's weight in gold. Flavorful beyond descriptions. Brushed the sauce on the peaches and the tenderloin.

Dub

Dub what a meal you always have a great story and great food! Thanks.

Thanks, man.

It was a fun cook with the eclipse and all.

Very grateful to have my family at the table together tonight. Great times. :flag:

Big7

The Oracle
Looks like a plan!

chobrown

Looks awesome dub, thanks for posting up the recipe. Frank Foster is one my favorites to.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
As always, your cookin is top shelf!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Looks delicious Dub....By the way, you turned me on to Pineapple Head a few years back. We go though several bottles a year at my house. It's great on Sweet potatoes and Salmon. A couple of unconventional uses that we have discovered is that it's great on popcorn and it's really good on vanilla ice cream with a couple of graham crackers in it.

Dub

Thanks, everyone.

Fun times yesterday.

Looks delicious Dub....By the way, you turned me on to Pineapple Head a few years back. We go though several bottles a year at my house. It's great on Sweet potatoes and Salmon. A couple of unconventional uses that we have discovered is that it's great on popcorn and it's really good on vanilla ice cream with a couple of graham crackers in it.

Glad that you like it. I have found it to be among one of my favorites of all the rubs I've tried. It's killer on ribs, too.

Total agreement on the sweet potato application !!!

pop pop jones

Do you think the intense glare from the Eclipse, caused the tarts to over cook?

Great meal you cooked up for the clan.:biggrin2: