effects of shot follow through

riskyb

just a litle example of correct back tension through the shot vs holding and shooting the first pic is inconsistent with large tears the second pic is more consistent with smaller tears pic one is holding and shooting pic two is back tension pulling through the shot this through a drop away qad ultrarest it makes a differemce just like grip and every other aspect of the shot

Attachments

• bt1.jpeg
    bt1.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 598
  • bt2.jpeg
    bt2.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 601

C Cape

This is just my opinion but those tears are not very different to me. Both sets are about a 1/4" low tear. If a bow is properly tuned this shouldn't make any difference unless you're letting the bow creep forward off the back wall. Just my opinion as I probably paper tune over 250 bows a year to be on the conservative side.

Creep tuning will make it null and void either way.

riskyb

True it is a low tear I just tied on a new loop and am moving the peep but when you let it creep forward it will through rest timing off and then your knocking the rest down not shooting through it and magnifies the problems

C Cape

Yeah I agree with that. I'm just saying a shot fired using a trigger and back tension release will yield the same results (assuming your release hand is in a similar position) if you are properly holding on the back wall.

riskyb

As long as you pull through the shot it doesn't matter what release I'm just making a point to pull through the shot bc if you don't the poor form could lead to other problems and bad or slightly off arrow flight

Kris87

On a different note, different release aids can make a difference in flight. A single caliper will yield slightly different flight than a dual. It affects lateral string movement at the shot.