Elevated stands

ucfireman

So I'm going to build at least 1 maybe 2 elevated enclosed stands. I have the "elevator" brackets and will probably be 4x6 and 6-7 feet tall on 10 ft legs.
My question is about the ply wood for the walls. I can not find pressure treated ply wood except 3/4 inch. I would like to use 3/8 or so to keep the weight down. All I saw at Lowes was regular "interior" plywood. They did have some 1/2 inch "interior/exterior" plywood but its not treated.
So my question. Should I be concerned to use the "interior" plywood on vertical walls if they will be painted (on the outside at least) with an exterior paint? I am planning on having a 1 ft overhang from the roof on all sides.

Cool Hand Luke

Home depot had PT plywood I think in 5/8". I charred it with a torch and gonna spray it with some Olympic waterguard, says it will last 3-4 years. Caulking and painting should be fine though.boxblind7.jpg

ucfireman

I like that look, may do that. Saw some Thompson water seal clear at a walmart 5.00/ gallon. May go back and get it. They had 3.
Is that one 4x8? and how high are you windows? That is something I'm guessing on, want to use an office chair.

transfixer

If you have a good overhang on the roof you don't have to worry much about the walls, painting will do fine. I've got one that has been in the woods for almost 10 yrs now, never painted the walls completely , just sprayed a broken brown and black pattern with spray cans, Walls are still good

1982ace

Cheap $10 gallon can of red barn STAIN will soak up in the wood really good and will make it last. Then maybe camo it up if you want.

Jimmypop

Why plywood ? I used 4x8 masonite from a salvage house. It's a little under 1/2 in. and is used for the outside. Here's one of mine that's been used 19 seasons and still keeps the weather off me like it did new. Cheap too.

Attachments

• IMG_20200122_142023828.jpg
    IMG_20200122_142023828.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 29

DSGB

I'm thinking of making one for me and my son to hunt out of using some dog ear fence panels that I have.

7Mag Hunter

we always used thompsons water sealer on our wood stands..2-3 coats will go along way to extend the life of your wooden stands....
Make sure u have at least 1 ft overhang on all sides of the roof, plus a 2" front to back drop so rain will drain good and not have wet floors during rainy weather..