Emanuel county

Swamprat

Swamprat
They are on fire right now. Will be back up this coming weekend. A week before and a week after Halloween is generally the best. Mark it on your calendar.

Had several bucks dogging does this past weekend but none were the 3 good ones we have on trail cams. Holding out for one of those. One is close to 130"

They ought to be on their feet after the rain on Thursday/Friday and temps in the 40's in the morning. We are about a mile or so East of Covena.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Gonna be up this weekend not to hunt but do some chores at the property.

Waiting for late October / early November to get here.

86ccord

Same for me, still prepping and doing some clean up around the campsite.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Least we will have some cooler weather this weekend. These mid to upper 90's and no rain has been getting old the past several weeks.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Found a few scrapes just being opened up and a rub or two this past weekend. Was nice to have a little cooler weather for the chores.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Was back up there on the 5th to finish some chores. Few more scrapes have opened up and a few small rubs found. Still dry as a bone.

Checked 4 cameras and had a few shooters plus a bunch of smaller bucks but the shooter ratio will get better with the rut picking up in a few weeks.

Placed a 5th camera down in the river bottom at a shallow water crossing where two different trails leading up to it.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Came up mid day yesterday for the opener. Little rain to deal with and a few does/yearlings seen.

This morninginv was slow, action sporadic, maybe a deer or two every hour. Scrapes have been reopened since the rain but bucks are still being lazy. Right now in a ladder on a isolated plot with a beaver swamp to my North and oaks and pines elsewhere. Fixing to do a little rattling.

Big7

The Oracle
I've been through Emanuel County a bunch when I hunted Jefferson County. Never hunted it tho..

I'd like to get on a good lease there or in Jefferson County if you know anyone.

Good hunting in that area. ?

Swamprat

Swamprat
Will let you know if I come across anything.

We are on family property.

Slow morning so far. Not much yesterday afternoon either. Dark moon this coming weekend though.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Shot two sows around 90 pounds in a pack of 7 around 5:30, meat is being donated.

Shot the first and second attacked it when it was flopping, shot the second and she dropped on the first. Nice to have all the vittles stacked up in one spot