Emergency locators?

Whit90

@jbogg now that you have had a season with the ZOLEO, what are your thoughts? I’m looking for something that will allow me to text with no service.

Woodjw

@jbogg now that you have had a season with the ZOLEO, what are your thoughts? I’m looking for something that will allow me to text with no service.
I use a zoleo. It works great. This past weekend I turned it on at about 5pm left it on till Sunday afternoon at 7pm. Text back and forth with my wife a few times a day. It still had 30% battery life. I also have it set up on a 4 hr check in and checked the weather with it once. Works great and a good value.

Whit90

I use a zoleo. It works great. This past weekend I turned it on at about 5pm left it on till Sunday afternoon at 7pm. Text back and forth with my wife a few times a day. It still had 30% battery life. I also have it set up on a 4 hr check in and checked the weather with it once. Works great and a good value.

Thanks for the info! It looks like the most user friendly and budget friend option I’ve seen so far, specifically for communication.

It is my understanding that you have to keep it activated for the first three months and then after that you can suspend and un-suspend as you wish. But you are charged $4 for each suspended month. Is that all correct?

jbogg

So far so good. I use it for peace of mind since I’m usually solo and well off trail. I opted for the cheapest monthly plan, but keep it activated year round since I’m up in the mountains most weekends.

Whit90

So far so good. I use it for peace of mind since I’m usually solo and well off trail. I opted for the cheapest monthly plan, but keep it activated year round since I’m up in the mountains most weekends.

Well I bought one. So far you are 2 for 2 on gear suggestions for me.