Encouragement Blog C'mon In

StriperAddict

"A good word about our good Father"
- by Dan Camp

Admittedly there are a growing number of Christians, who share a lot about brokenness. That's good. The problem is that only a few have sorted out the tremendous benefits of brokenness from how it actually happens.
To say that our Father God USES brokenness is on the money. To say or imply that God is in the business of breaking Christians is iffy, at best.
As we look back at the brokenness that ushered us into the full Christ-Life, Grace-Life, Exchanged-Life, or whatever you like to call it, we see clearly that our Father did not break us. He was not the hurter or the crusher or the cause of the brokenness that we so desperately needed and that He so perfectly applied.
Does God "cause" hard things to happen in the lives of UNBELIEVERS to bring them to Christ and His Great Salvation? Very possibly. But does our Daddy Father cause bad/evil/tragic things to break and discipline His babies, His sons? No, absolutely not.

What about Heb12v6?
The key there is the carefully Spirit-chosen Greek word, paideuo. Look it up. That's how our Daddy disciplines us, which we gladly receive.

Let me take this to the level of worldview. For many years, Hollywood has intentionally inserted into almost every major movie it's favorite question, "Do you believe in God?" Why? Because they are informing culture. They are teaching us the conclusion they want us to embrace, that the answer doesn't matter because God doesn't matter.
But recently there has been a tectonic shift in Hollywood. The World told us, God is dead, then, God doesn't matter. Now those messages about God, as offensive as they are, are not aggressive enough. Listen for the shift. It's coming in tsunami-size waves. Have you heard it already? They are currently teaching, more overtly than ever, "God created Evil. God is the cause of Evil. Therefore, God must be evil."

Never in history has there been such a time as this, when the declaration of our GOOD GOD, providing GOOD NEWS of the GOOD SHEPHERD about His GOOD WORK may have the GOOD FRUIT OF GRACE beyond our asking or imagining. Our Father is in the eternal business of GOOD, as the angel proclaimed at Jesus' birth, "Fear not! Look! I bring you GOOD NEWS of GREAT JOY that will be for all peoples (Ref Gen12v3; 22v18; Rev5v9).
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." Luke2v10-11.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
They are currently teaching, more overtly than ever, "God created Evil. God is the cause of Evil. Therefore, God must be evil."

I watch very little TV, but you could not be more correct. The question used to be Why doe's God allow pain and suffering? Now it's an emphatic "If God exists, he's a monster of unending evil." Don't think the message isn't having an effect. I've heard the view at work at least 2-3 times in the last year.

StriperAddict

This is such a good study that I made each of the verses a link to the actual scripture. Enjoy!
=============================

1MuL2DPc2r8y2IfxDRyhBsbFVQzRu8lYRKnxteRzDmmRE_hStzcxzRYfsgOT9ygNHGTabVDCe0aOLhjtWZn_ZcLdRfQ_Wzyvs2JweFi6A2RKNXdsp1MrODZey5-lsS3AqR1PpzQiObwyNqcG6L2qmcR8xxgTc7VEp7s=s0-d-e1-ft

Sin is no longer the defining aspect of our relationship with God—Christ is! Grace is! Remember what you believe? God did away with our sin, yours and mine, by the sacrifice of His son, and He made us righteous (2 Corinthians 5:21). We have been brought into union with Him (Ephesians 2:1) and nothing, NOTHING can separate us from Him ever again (Romans 8:35-39). He has already given us every good gift (Ephesians 1:3-14) and perfect fullness in Christ (Colossians 2:9-10). What’s left out of 'every' and 'fullness'? I can’t think of anything. God has made His home in you and in me, and He will never, NEVER withdraw Himself or forsake us. He has made us righteous royalty in His family—No kidding! (1 Peter 2:9)—and even if our radiant robes should drag in the mud of this world, like the father of the prodigal, He will never lawyer-up and prosecute us for waywardness or distant country visitations (John 3:18).

Our Father tore up the records and every regulation—No debt remains! (See
Colossians 2:13-15.) We cannot pay Him back, neither does He want it. That would be insulting to Him and the staggering display of His love and grace, which He still likes displaying. It’s His style! Have you noticed? It’s the New Covenant, after all.
At the risk of adding to the story, the prodigal’s father threw a parade in front of the neighbors as if to say, “He’s MY son! He is for me, and I’ll give him all that I want no matter how scandalous it seems to you! I’ll show you who he is!”
Perhaps today, He will remind you about who you are and how well-off you are. Maybe soon you’ll help remind someone else, too.

See you later.
oQ54PxxMEhem2KlgpSAwo8YFM7fj5CvxiJYTDsGfCL6IwQC45pTCbUS5BsD4y58M-w4AsRqHfdWkYjL7FMNF2bqEIyqQgSifzD9FsfAvo_YlkUDIwv1un2H91jnelnrA0rDe0YArECyOujTq2EevWF9ap2ZnTpar204=s0-d-e1-ft

Ralph

DVxgICucTRRvVcalrZ93JiKJzObfo6ActQu1mHKET9J0jSHxagosFFnVPaQ3jib2vkdSPZVEFIbIZeyVCpJlDIuUywVXjms3nlt0mVygbeA6umxktD3FR92qDOwKQyMMEAwNd7cuDchIKDLRFpMshgqVQ6ur6MAc3Mc=s0-d-e1-ft