End of season!

Doug B.

I think I am going to start pulling my traps. I have only got about a dozen set now. I have got to try to catch some beavers for one land owner, so I will be setting them in the next few days. I did have a giant beaver in a 330 this morning on another piece of property for the same landowner. Screenshot_20200301-084858_Gallery.jpg
This year's catch was
Coons 16
Possums 17
Bobcats 10
Coyotes 33
Beaver 5
Skunk 1
Muskrat 1
Mink 1
Gray fox 1

Hillbilly stalker

Looks like you have had a good year. I know that's alot of work, congratulation's.

oldguy

I think I am going to start pulling my traps. I have only got about a dozen set now. I have got to try to catch some beavers for one land owner, so I will be setting them in the next few days. I did have a giant beaver in a 330 this morning on another piece of property for the same landowner. View attachment 1004947
This year's catch was
Coons 16
Possums 17
Bobcats 10
Coyotes 33
Beaver 5
Skunk 1
Muskrat 1
Mink 1
Gray fox 1
GOOD JOB! 33 'YOTES! Where'd you find a mink? I've never caught one.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yes sir that’s a great year , I’m just getting started , I ordered me another half dozen MB’s and a couple other things I needed a couple days ago !

Doug B.

GOOD JOB! 33 'YOTES! Where'd you find a mink? I've never caught one.
We have them here in extreme northeast georgia. I really didn't try to catch any more, of course the water level really fluctuated, but maybe I will try to catch more of them next year.

Doug B.

Yes sir that’s a great year , I’m just getting started , I ordered me another half dozen MB’s and a couple other things I needed a couple days ago !
Keep catching them! I have kept up with your post, you are doing great! It doesn't seem to matter what I have got, when I look at a catalog, whether online or physical catalog, I see all kind of things that I think I need. It is very addictive!

I am about worn down from checking every morning before daylight, so I'm going to concentrate now on beaver for a landowner that let me trap his land. If I can catch a few to satisfy him then I'll be through til next fall.

furtaker

Keep catching them! I have kept up with your post, you are doing great! It doesn't seem to matter what I have got, when I look at a catalog, whether online or physical catalog, I see all kind of things that I think I need. It is very addictive!
Ain't that the truth. Every time I look online or in a catalog I see a different bottle of lure or a different trap I need to try. facepalm:

Doug B.

Ain't that the truth. Every time I look online or in a catalog I see a different bottle of lure or a different trap I need to try. facepalm:
Ha ha! How many times have you tried to save up enough money to order what you think you need to further your addiction?

Doug B.

First night catch is always good. I just set this 330 yesterday on a crossover that I had caught a beaver in a snare the day before. This beaver is very big!

buckpasser

I hope my season looks more similar to yours next year. I matched you for fox and that was about it. I don’t have my book handy but I think I’m around 23 coons/possums combined, 1 wild cat (cage), 2 wild dogs (big cage), 1 coyote.

I’m still learning and will try a couple more weeks around the house for coyotes. The next place I’m moving to has multiple large coyotes on camera every night. Scent post sets will be my next new thing for them.

Doug B.

I finished pulling my traps this morning. I had this ole gal in the last set so that made number 34!
Screenshot_20200302-171139_Gallery.jpg

The beaver weighed 50 pounds! It was huge!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great season , thanks for your help , y’all got me hooked !