English setter training in southeast part of the state.

Flying fish

Have a new English setter puppy, she is doing obedience training soon and I would love to start incorporating some field training too, any trainers down here y’all could recommend? reading about the delamr smith methods now. This will be our family’s first bird dog. we are in camden county

GANGGREEN

Have a new English setter puppy, she is doing obedience training soon and I would love to start incorporating some field training too, any trainers down here y’all could recommend? reading about the delamr smith methods now. This will be our family’s first bird dog. we are in camden county

I'm not familiar with the trainers down your way, but after training three of my own setters, the best advice I could give would be to spend a lot of time a field with them and to try to give them as many contacts on wild birds as your physically able to do.

Nimrod71

I have been to Rick Smith's training seminars and I learned a lot. It is not hard to train a dog if they have the hunt in them. You can not train a dog to hunt, the hunt must be in the dog. You only teach the dog to handle. I have been training Labs and Brittanys since 1970. I suggest you get Richard Walters Water Dog and Gun Dog books will really help you. I have used them for ever.