EPIC morning on Allatoona in the KAYAK

Icepetes08

The bite was intense this morning. I've never put the words "Double up" and "kayak" in the same sentence. Well now I can. I caught my Allatoona personal best LM and a solid hybrid at the same time. They both came on downlined gizzards from soup. The third hybe came on a free line. I marked a lot of fish out there today and hope to do the same tomorrow morning once again. Hope you guys enjoy the video.

Mrbowdeadly

That was fun to watch! Great Job!
MBD

Trapnfish

Great video! I'll try to post pics of some screenshots my dad took while waiting for a guy to buy our boat yesterday, he sold it! Now we will buy a center console within the next week !

Last edited:

fishingdave

Great video. It sure is alot of fun catching them in a kayak, but it was hard to watch that poor hybrid laying in the yak while you pulled in the spot. This time of year it is hard on them to be out of the water for pictures.

Stump06

Awesome video dude!!

brianj

nice job peter! Was a trip watching you pull those two fish in. We pretty much got skunked on the hybrids, but I was determined to catch something so found a bream on the rooster tail near the dock to keep the skunk out the boat:)
First time in a long time I had such a hard time catching bait; hope next weekend is easier.

167WhiteTAIL

Great video and congrats. Is that an Ascend 128T kayak??

I've had 5 rods go down at once while by myself with 10 to 20 pound stripes, as long as you have the drag lose enough (and enough line on your reals) yet tight enough to keep tension, concentrate on the biggest fish first and work them in one at a time. Drag is the key.

Luckybuck

Wow, great job young one. That was so exciting to see you land the double and I would add seems like a handful in the yak.

Icepetes08

Great video. It sure is alot of fun catching them in a kayak, but it was hard to watch that poor hybrid laying in the yak while you pulled in the spot. This time of year it is hard on them to be out of the water for pictures.

I know... It was just so hectic I didn't really think about it. Both fish did return to the water and were revived. They swam off strong.

Scout'nStripers

Great video! Congrats on the pb largemouth. That bass made a pretty awesome aerial display.:cheers:

Icepetes08

Thanks again guys!

I should clarify it's my PB from Allatoona, not overall. But still pretty impressive in my book. We don't have too many in the lake of that size.