Ever felt like you were being watched?

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
I come out while it's light cause I'm outta beer - not cause I'm skeered. :bounce:

Scrapy

Banned
Yes, I have had the feeling and yes, I was. Instead of scared I was curious to find out, who what? Then I would start doing the watching and sneaking but I always had to take a time out and find some moss. I don't know what it is about sneaking around spying on folks that makes me have to go, but it does. I'm not a Game Warden or anything close but I bet they carry paper with them and use alot.
I don't watch horror movies because what you let in your brain is good or BAD. I coonhunt by myself most nights. I have caught glimpses of Lepricon looking folks when I get in certain palmetto patches darting here and there. Last year, one night, I had a dog trailing in a bad place I could not get in to or call him out. I left my coat on the ground and was fixing to leave. Since I don't drink a drop while I am hunting, I called the hunt over to myself and fixed me a strong drink out of a pint I had in my toolbox. I said well, I'll just leave to other half of the bottle here by the coat in case they were Lepricons.
The way out is long and winding . Just before I got to the paved road there was my dog standing in the dirt trail. I went back to get my coat. When I got back the bottle was dry.
I have been back to that place several times to hunt. After the third time I learned to lock my toolbox or I would not have a toddy when I got back out.

Dr. Strangelove

Howdy all. Figured I'd kick this one around again.

Anyone had anything along these line occur to them?

Once at my shooting club, I had a weird experience. It was mid-week, late afternoon, I was the only one there, gate was locked.

I had loaded 5 .270Win and wanted to test them out, I also wanted to shoot my .40S&W pistol. I went to the rifle range first, set up, put a (brand new) target out, etc. Walking back from the target, the weird feelings started (I'm not one who gets weirded out easily).

I fired two rounds, letting the barrel cool, and absolutely felt like someone/something was there. Looked around, thinking someone had driven up up - nope.

It got so hinky feeling a slipped a mag into the pistol and wore it on my belt (range violation, but, hey...)

I continued firing, but felt like I was being watched the entire time.

The last round I had to absolutely stop myself from jumping up from the bench and turning around.

I wasted no time in going downrange to check my target, feeling like I was being watched the entire time. When I got to the target, there were six perfect bullet holes.

I know it sounds crazy, but I fired 5 rounds only. I only brought 5 .270 rounds and had 5 casings in my pocket. (No, the rifle was clear, no extra case. I only loaded 5 and brought 5 that day)

It was all I could do not run back to the firing line. I forced myself to walk back, gathered my gear, threw it in the Jeep and took off.

I did unsnap the holster flap and I did lay the pistol in the seat beside me on the way out.

Very strange. Say what you want, it was a new target, I only had 5 cartridges, there were six bullet holes in that target.

There was no one else (no vehicles, anyway) at that range on the way in or on the way out.

Needless to say, I didn't stop by the pistol range.

Dr. Strangelove

Another one - long story short:

I was dating a woman who had two little girls, 4 & 7. I was staying with them for week, they had an outside dog that was clearly dying, but the woman wouldn't have it put to sleep or let me put it out of it's misery.

Every morning I would get up early and go outside to make sure it wasn't laying there dead, I didn't want the kids to find it that way.

One morning, I couldn't find Daisy, the dog. As I came back in the house, the 4yr old was standing on the steps and asked what I was doing. I said "Looking for Daisy" and she replied "Daisy dead". I asked what she meant and she said "Daisy came to me last night and said she couldn't come play with me no more, because she was dead".

Later that day, we found the dog dead a couple hundred yards away from the house.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Yes, I have had the feeling and yes, I was. Instead of scared I was curious to find out, who what? Then I would start doing the watching and sneaking but I always had to take a time out and find some moss. I don't know what it is about sneaking around spying on folks that makes me have to go, but it does. I'm not a Game Warden or anything close but I bet they carry paper with them and use alot.
I don't watch horror movies because what you let in your brain is good or BAD. I coonhunt by myself most nights. I have caught glimpses of Lepricon looking folks when I get in certain palmetto patches darting here and there. Last year, one night, I had a dog trailing in a bad place I could not get in to or call him out. I left my coat on the ground and was fixing to leave. Since I don't drink a drop while I am hunting, I called the hunt over to myself and fixed me a strong drink out of a pint I had in my toolbox. I said well, I'll just leave to other half of the bottle here by the coat in case they were Lepricons.
The way out is long and winding . Just before I got to the paved road there was my dog standing in the dirt trail. I went back to get my coat. When I got back the bottle was dry.
I have been back to that place several times to hunt. After the third time I learned to lock my toolbox or I would not have a toddy when I got back out.

Oh crap !!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Scrapy

Banned
I don't watch Horror Movies even as an old man and I never did as a child. I know grown men that have and if I can talk one into coon hunting with me I have never had one that did not stay right with me all the hunt. If we got to a bad swamp and he was wearing leather boots, I would suggest he wait on the edge of the hill. No way!!! We might tree another one later that I knew was in a bad place before we ever left the truck and I suggest he just wait for me at the truck. "No Way!!!". I know a deer hunter that would sit in a stand. The guide had to swear to come pick him up before the sun got below the trees on the far side of a cut down thicket, before dark, really at best shooting time. The guide was a little late and the man got him fired. The guide later told me the man was standing in the two rut road sweated down and soaking wet when he got to him and it was in the 40's.
I'll bet most night time folks did not watch Horror Movies.

Scrapy

Banned
Once at my shooting club, I had a weird experience. It was mid-week, late afternoon, I was the only one there, gate was locked.

I had loaded 5 .270Win and wanted to test them out, I also wanted to shoot my .40S&W pistol. I went to the rifle range first, set up, put a (brand new) target out, etc. Walking back from the target, the weird feelings started (I'm not one who gets weirded out easily).

I fired two rounds, letting the barrel cool, and absolutely felt like someone/something was there. Looked around, thinking someone had driven up up - nope.

It got so hinky feeling a slipped a mag into the pistol and wore it on my belt (range violation, but, hey...)

I continued firing, but felt like I was being watched the entire time.

The last round I had to absolutely stop myself from jumping up from the bench and turning around.

I wasted no time in going downrange to check my target, feeling like I was being watched the entire time. When I got to the target, there were six perfect bullet holes.

I know it sounds crazy, but I fired 5 rounds only. I only brought 5 .270 rounds and had 5 casings in my pocket. (No, the rifle was clear, no extra case. I only loaded 5 and brought 5 that day)

It was all I could do not run back to the firing line. I forced myself to walk back, gathered my gear, threw it in the Jeep and took off.

I did unsnap the holster flap and I did lay the pistol in the seat beside me on the way out.

Very strange. Say what you want, it was a new target, I only had 5 cartridges, there were six bullet holes in that target.

There was no one else (no vehicles, anyway) at that range on the way in or on the way out.

Needless to say, I didn't stop by the pistol range.

You were a "thoughroughly dangerous individual" at that point. LOL

Dr. Strangelove

You were a "thoughroughly dangerous individual" at that point. LOL

No kidding. I was straight up spooked out and keyed up to my last nerve.

308-MIKE

I had that feeling today when I was walking down to this spot.

Hung out for a minute and took a couple of photos.

I posted this one on another thread and something unique was pointed out.

greatview.jpg

See anything.....???

Now look to the right of the big tree....see the face? Kinda neat.:bounce:

Hey Dub, if you start at the face and follow the tree down to the water, a little to the right, there appears to be another face in the water.

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
Face in the moss and a face in the water......that is neither here nor there, I always feel like someone is watching me....I have three ex-wives.

BoneHunter77

scary stuff. I have a friend who had a similar occurrence recently. Her grandfather past away and was cremated. Upon his wishes his family scattered his ashes around the base of a tree on his old property. My friend took a picture of it right after they spread the ashes. Here it is.

Attachments

• Family_Tree_Ashes (2).jpg
    Family_Tree_Ashes (2).jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 917

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Figured I would try and get this one going again just for fun. I’m not given to thinking haunts and boogers are behind every tree and bush. I do believe there is more to life than what we realize but I think nine times out of ten anything strange that happens can be explained by more ordinary phenomenon.

Ive spent a lot of time in the woods and still do. I normally hunt alone since my dad passed on. My two hunting buddies are t able to go with me that much. One is divorced and has his daughter every other weekend and even on the weekends he’s available he doesn’t always want to go. My other buddy lives in Peachtree City and can only get down here a few times a year. So I’m in the woods alone a lot.

Nothing too weird has happened to me. I’ve heard some noises that didn’t match any critter that I know. Once heard a sound one afternoon while deer hunting that sounded almost like a person talking but not quite. The weirdest was probably a light that I’ve seen twice. Once alone while I was walking out after a deer hunt. The second time was not that long ago while hog hunting one night with a buddy. He saw it too. Neither one of us made much of it and just kept right on hunting.

I have gotten that being watched feeling a few times. One of the more recent ones was on Big Lazer Creek WMA while turkey scouting this past February. I was pretty far back there right on the creek. I got the strongest feeling of being watched. I looked around thinking I might see a deer watching me or something but I didn’t see anything. I headed back up the hill from the creek and I could almost feel it like a physical thing. Almost like a tingle like a mild electric shock on the back of my neck. The farther I got up the hill the less I felt it. I thought that was odd but I didn’t let it worry me or run me out of there.

Three times I’ve been in the woods and felt something was wrong so strongly that I left. Once was turkey hunting a few years ago. Nothing I can really explain. Just had this strong sense that I needed to leave. Another time was back in June fishing for shoal bass on the flint river, again at Big Lazer Creek WMA. I just had this strange sense that something was wrong. And another time I was hiking by myself at Pine Mountain about five years ago. I was around the Sparks Creek campground area. It was powerful that time.

All three times I heeded the message. I learned to trust my gut/sixth sense/ intuition or whatever a long time ago. If you get a feeli by that something is wrong about a person or situation or place then it is. You’re picking up on something. All three of the times I just mentioned I got out of there.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
There is more to life and nature than we know and understand. I also learned a long time ago to pay attention to your gut. I don't have any first hand weird or scary experiences to share but I couldn't begin to tell you how many times I have had the very strong feeling that a deer was near before I locate it. I may have smelled something or heard something that didn't register consciously but somehow I knew to be still and go on alert.