Ever seen a beaver do this?

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
When I worked at the National Wildlife Refuge in Eufaula one of my favorite jobs was blowing up beaver dams. We had some old explosives that even the senior guys didn't really want to use, and a case or two of TOVEX. It was inert until you mixed the red fluid with the granulated stuff, which I found out was fertilizer. Plenty of det cord, a block or two of the older stuff and about two bottles of the TOVEX, all heavily taped with electrical cord and stuck deeply onto the dam at three places and we were almost set. I'd unshunt the wires and hook them to the detonator, and the other fellow would holler out "fire in the hole" three times. Some places, especially at the old farm site on the Georgia side, you could hear the gators growl a piece off...
I'd twist the detonator and there's be mud, smoke, a loud BOOM, snakes flying through the air and the water leaving from behind what was the dam that we would find little bream fingerlings caught in the mud.... That was fun....

I've only had the pleasure of participating in 'legally' blowing things up once. And I agree with your assessment....it was fun.