EVERYTHING You Need To Know About CRAPPIE!! Pt. 1 - The Basics

Fletch_W

Banned
I'll cover actual baits and techniques in part 2. This one has carried on long enough for me to start another thread.

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Richf7

Ditto on monkey milk and Black/Chartreuse for crappie. You could literally never fish any other colors and catch a pile of them. There will be the odd day that they randomly want a certain shade of orange, blue, red or something, but 90% of the time, it's either Chartreuse or Black/Chartreuse for me. And I have a ton of crappie gear. Just the best overall for consistency. I fish 4-8lb hi vis line to see light bites. Some guys pole fishing will use lines up to 20lb test to straighten hooks out when they snag though. I'll cover actual baits and techniques in part 2. This one has carried on long enough for me to start another thread.
I like hi-vis mono as well but thought crappie and WB were line shy. Can you clarify? Thanks

Richf7

But I did notice a difference in the 6lb line I was using compared to the 3lb they use. So I switched to 3lb also
Thanks for the info! What brand is the 3 lb?

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
I like hi-vis mono as well but thought crappie and WB were line shy. Can you clarify? Thanks
White bass aren't really line shy very much especially when feeding. Crappie can be very line shy. In clear water I'd even go down to 2lb line and a tiny jig. Dirty water, some people go as heavy as 20lb when pole fishing heavy cover because they can't see it