Experimenting in the kitchen

jmac7469

So I would strongly recommend everyone who hunts to at least try a dry-aged backstrap just one time. Holy cow is it amazing. So I took one of the backstraps from a doe I harvested on the 8th and dry-aged it until today, not to long but will go longer on the next one. Trimmed it grilled with just salt pepper and garlic powder. You could cut it with a dull spoon and was the single best piece of venison ive ever eaten. I cant recommend this enough to everyone. Me and dad stood in the kitchen and devoured all that I cooked. Words dont really describe how good it was. Dry-aged beef is inedible compared to this. I cant believe I waited this long to try it.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I've heard the term before I think but this is the most I've ever heard about it.
This got mah intrest now.
I like good backstrap

44magpastor

Try this,

Preheat oven to 400
Cut the back strap into 3 pieces
Season
Get skillet smoking hot, on stovetop
Drop in some butter
Sear the meat, 3 min on each side
Finish in the oven for 6 minutes

Take out of oven, let it rest 3-5 min
Slice thin, and stand back.

Best meat I've ever eaten

Whit90

Ill defiantly try this! Cant you dry age in the fridge without the bag? Like on pan with a drying rack? What advantage comes with the bag?

Do you salt it before dry aging? This one BBQ guy that I watch on the youtubes does that, but only lets it sit over night or maybe a couple days at most.

jmac7469

Ill defiantly try this! Cant you dry age in the fridge without the bag? Like on pan with a drying rack? What advantage comes with the bag?

Do you salt it before dry aging? This one BBQ guy that I watch on the youtubes does that, but only lets it sit over night or maybe a couple days at most.
So you kind of can. Its not perfect but you can use a rack over a bed of salt however you run the risk of bad bacteria. The bags are actually a one way membrane that allows for proper aging with having an actual dry age fridge. Ive done alot of steaks over the years. Trust me its worth the effort amd couple bucks to buy the bags. You do need a vacuum sealer as well.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Cool! I've got some of those bags....GON give that a try!. Gotta put one in the truck, first, though.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Peaked my interest... .. Just ordered 3 Ribeye bags for $28.95 which included the 4.95 for shipping.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Got my bags today.
5AB21E6D-6263-4A97-99D6-D4A5C84AA1F8.jpeg