Exploring Helton Creek Falls

ripplerider

That was one of our favorite swimming holes back when I was in school. You can actually slide about halfway down the lower set. Warning: it has been many many years since I have done this. Even back then we used to worry about broken glass being in there. The falls are much more accessible now and visited about a thousand times more often every year. Also you absolutely cannot slide off the top of the lower set unless you want a trip to the E.R. or the morgue. Thanks for posting this it brings back old memories. That water is beyond cold!

natureman

That was one of our favorite swimming holes back when I was in school. You can actually slide about halfway down the lower set. Warning: it has been many many years since I have done this. Even back then we used to worry about broken glass being in there. The falls are much more accessible now and visited about a thousand times more often every year. Also you absolutely cannot slide off the top of the lower set unless you want a trip to the E.R. or the morgue. Thanks for posting this it brings back old memories. That water is beyond cold!

Thanks, It is a bonus when I do videos that can bring back fond memories for others. And yes that water is very cold.

Last edited:

wvdawg

Staff member
Fantastic! As usual.
Like the underwater footage too!

natureman

Fantastic! As usual.
Like the underwater footage too!

Thanks, the underwater footage was something new for me. However, I was never satisfied with the image quality and sold the Gopro 6 camera after a week's use. After going to a dozen streams in N. GA in dry conditions it seems they all carried to much sediment and debris to get the pristine clear shots that I desired.

ripplerider

I couldnt say for sure since I've only fished Wildcat, I've never swam in it. Helton creek will give you a full-on body "rush" for lack of a better word. I could never ease into it I always had to jump in and submerge quickly. Quite a shock to the system.