Extended Archery Season

gtb3440

If there are any Henry County archers out there that can clear this up for me, I'd appreciate it:

The GA hunting regs have 2 statements when it comes to extended archery. Under the 2021 Season Dates for deer under 'Archery, Statewide' it lists Extended Archery counties in parenthesis, and Henry Co is not listed.
But then it says 'Click to see county/region seasons'. When you click on that it has a map of GA with various colors. Henry is blue like other counties (Rockdale, Gwinnett, etc.), and when you scroll down to the blue section it says 'either-sex' archery ends Jan 21, 2021. It also says 'Private Land Opportunities', and maybe that is the difference.
I hunt on private land - can I hunt in Henry during extended archery?

35 Whelen

If there are any Henry County archers out there that can clear this up for me, I'd appreciate it:

The GA hunting regs have 2 statements when it comes to extended archery. Under the 2021 Season Dates for deer under 'Archery, Statewide' it lists Extended Archery counties in parenthesis, and Henry Co is not listed.
But then it says 'Click to see county/region seasons'. When you click on that it has a map of GA with various colors. Henry is blue like other counties (Rockdale, Gwinnett, etc.), and when you scroll down to the blue section it says 'either-sex' archery ends Jan 21, 2021. It also says 'Private Land Opportunities', and maybe that is the difference.

Extended Archery Season: Bibb, Chatham, Clarke, Clayton,Cobb, DeKalb, Forsyth,Fulton, Gwinnett, HenryandRockdale Counties only; in accordance with statewide bag limits and other regulations.

Page 24 (online www.eregulations.com)

Last edited:

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist

Can you post a link where it doesn't list Henry? I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't see where it's missing, but I want to fix it if it's missing somewhere.

gtb3440

I can't find any reference to public land extended archery. When you click on 'Click to see county/region seasons', it says at the top of the page that it is for private land opportunities. Maybe @C.Killmaster can research that for us.
I also typed the wrong date in the original post - I typed 1/21 when it should be 1/31.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
I can't find any reference to public land extended archery. When you click on 'Click to see county/region seasons', it says at the top of the page that it is for private land opportunities. Maybe @C.Killmaster can research that for us.
I also typed the wrong date in the original post - I typed 1/21 when it should be 1/31.

None of the public land is extended archery to my knowledge. The purpose of the extended dates is to try to control deer better in urban counties, most public land doesn't fit that bill or need the extra harvest.