F250 Death Wobble

snooker1

Any one had issues with the F250 and the Death Wobble. Mine F250 is a 2019 and no issue up until about a week ago, now if I hit a bump the front-end shakes violently and the only way to stop it is to stop the truck. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what did you do to fix it. Mine is still under warranty so it is going back to Ford in the morning. I am stumped as to what it could be, it only has 34 thousand miles on it, everything up front seems to be ok, shocks, steering stabilizers, tie rods, ball joints, and the tires don't show any uneven wear.

GeorgiaGlockMan

I would think it was the steering stabilizer.

At least that's what it was when my jeep got it.

My 2015 f250 is stock for the most part. No wobble in her.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Any one had issues with the F250 and the Death Wobble. Mine F250 is a 2019 and no issue up until about a week ago, now if I hit a bump the front-end shakes violently and the only way to stop it is to stop the truck. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what did you do to fix it. Mine is still under warranty so it is going back to Ford in the morning. I am stumped as to what it could be, it only has 34 thousand miles on it, everything up front seems to be ok, shocks, steering stabilizers, tie rods, ball joints, and the tires don't show any uneven wear.
YouTube it and you will see!!!! There is a bunch of videos on it just like my TJ wrangler.

Don't let the dealership just throw a stabilizer on it. That is a bandage. Make them check all the bushings. Tracbar, control arms everything. Have them check upper and lower ball joints also. Check all the steering components, see if you can be there when they do this and see if you can watch to make sure they honestly check everything.

au7126

Son has one that has been back two times. First time replaced stabilizer with newer HD type. Couple months later supposed to have all new front end parts and another stabilizer. I ran NTB stores and we saw this back in 2005 so whatever the problem is they have not come up with the answer.

snooker1

Son has one that has been back two times. First time replaced stabilizer with newer HD type. Couple months later supposed to have all new front end parts and another stabilizer. I ran NTB stores and we saw this back in 2005 so whatever the problem is they have not come up with the answer.

How many miles did he have when it started.

snooker1

So Ford told me that all F250 and F350 have a extended warranty on the steering damper because of on going issue. The service guy told me he will have it for a couple days because they have to take most of the front-end out to check for damage and uneven wear. So we will see what happens.

beretta

snooker1 take a look at this video, most likely the issue. You can skip to the alignment part@ 15:00 minute mark.

benellisbe

Trackbar. Check and make sure the bolts are tightened. Is your truck lifted?

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Just take the junk stock single steering stabilizer off and put a dual stabilizer on it. 150 bucks. I've had 3 f250s, newest one is a 2018. All of em have been fitted with a dual stabilizer. Death wobble gone20210831_170748.jpg

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Fords fix was to replace the steering damper with a "heavy-duty" one. Your's makes more sense.
Plenty of YouTube vids on the dual ss on a solid front axle truck out there. I don't know how to embed them but they will give your front end (hubs, bushings, tie rods) more life span too. Will definitely do away with the death wobble

snooker1

Plenty of YouTube vids on the dual ss on a solid front axle truck out there. I don't know how to embed them but they will give your front end (hubs, bushings, tie rods) more life span too. Will definitely do away with the death wobble

You have the rough country?

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
You have the rough country?
Yeah sir. That's what I've put on all 3 of mine. I love bilstien shocks but the rough country stabilizers are plenty good enough quality

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Used to hitting a pot hole on the interstate would jsut about throw you in a different lane. Start the dreaded wobble. The stabilizers dampen the violence of the collision with the pot hole and let the wheel correct itself much sooner