Fall 2010 Sniper's Paradise/Precision Applications, LLC 1400 Yard Shoot

cmshoot

The dates will be October 8-10 (Fri - Sun), 2010. The location will be in Milton, TN at the location of the previous Rendezvous.

4501 West Trimble Road
Milton, TN 37118

Directions from Murfreesboro, TN:
17.9 mile drive, approx 26 minutes
1. Depart US-41 / US-70S / US-231 / NW Broad St - 0.5 mi
2. Turn right to stay on US-231 / Memorial Blvd - 1.0 mi
3. Turn right onto SR-96 / E Clark Blvd MAPCO on the corner - 1.2 mi
4. Turn left to stay on SR-96 / Lascassas Pike Pass GENERAL in 2.8 mi - 12.7 mi
5. Turn right onto Milton St - 0.1 mi
6. Turn right onto Dekalb St - 0.1 mi
7. Turn right onto W Trimble Rd - 2.4 mi
8. Arrive at Shoot on the right
The last intersection is Dekalb St, if you reach E Trimble Rd, you've gone too far

We will have a range of a minimum of 1400 yards. Once again, we will have steel targets every 50 yards from the maximum range target back to 300 or 400 yards. We will also have 100 yard cardboard targets for those that need to zero their rifles, or are shooting shorter range weapons. Only the targets provided by us will be allowed.

For those of y'all that did not attend the previous ones, this is not a competition. Saturday and Sunday is a structured "free for all" shoot, with myself and other Precision Rifle/Sniper Instructors on hand to help anyone that needs/wants it. The atmosphere is very laid back, and a good time is always had by all. There are no big egos on the line and everyone pitches in to help folks that want/need it. If you are unsure of yourself or your skills, this is a perfect venue for you. If you are a veteran Sniper or competitor with years of experience, you'll fit right in as well.

David Bobo, aka "Boar Smoke", will once again be smokin' up some great chow; think pork, beef, chicken, brats, etc., along with all the sides and fixin's.. He'll be doing lunch plates, which include a drink and desert. This will be the fourth event he has catered for us, and all the chow has been fantastic.

We will have numerous Vendors on hand showing their stuff and allowing us to play with their toys, including Liberty Suppressors and Barrett Firearms.

I have numerous photos and a few videos of the most recent shoot posted on Sniper's Paradise. If you want to see them, go on over to SP, or contact me and I can link or send them to you.

As of right now, we are limiting the Rifle Shoot to 50 shooters, so get your spot reserved ASAP.

Cost for the rifle shoot will be $100 for one day, or $175 for both days. Friday's class (to be announced) will be $75.

LE/public safety/military folks will be $75 for 1 day and $125 for 2 days on the Rifle Shoot, and $50 for the Friday class.

If you pre-pay and then find out you cannot attend, I will roll your entry fee over to a future event of your choice.

I will be taking PayPal, and money orders for entry fees.

Schedule: Mandatory safety meeting at a time to be announced on Friday, 0800hrs on Saturday and Sunday. We will "go hot" immediately afterwards.

Gear list (not all items are mandatory, but they can help):
Rifle with optics (mandatory)
Ammo, approx 100rds per day (mandatory)
Data book
shooting mat or other ground cover
bipod, rear bag, support, etc
spotting scope
cooler with non-alcoholic
EZ Up tent

Feel free to contact me via email, via PM here or by phone at (678) 523-7522.

Hope to see y'all in October.

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm going to try to make it again....

There was a vendor there too, The Outpost Armory (the local Barrett dealer) that was selling ammo too...they had plenty of Black Hills Match and Federal Gold Medal Match .308 factory loads in 175 SMK, as well as .338 Lapua Magnum, .300 Win Mag Federal Gold Medal Match 190 SMK, .50 BMG, and .223/5.56., so if they are going to be there again, and you do run out of ammo it won't be the end of the world.

They also had some NICE rifles there to drool over.

The BBQ that David cooked up was, quite honestly, some of the best pulled pork I've ever eaten....I mean, I know I was REAL hungry and probably would have eaten one of my boots if that was all I had available at the time, but that BBQ was killer.

This is a great crowd of guys to shoot with and just to hang out with. All were willing to help any way they could.

If you can make it, this is one event that is well worth attending.

cmshoot

We will be offering 2 classes, running simultaneously, on Friday , October 8th. Both classes will start at 1200hrs and run until approximately 1700hrs.
Cost for the classes will be $75 per student, or $50 for military/public safety personnel. The classes will be run simultaneously, so you will take one class or the other, not both.

EXTREME CLOSE QUARTERS COMBATIVES

This class will cover different responses using defensive counters when being attacked in extremely close quarters. Among the drills will be hand-to-hand techniques, weapon retention, weapon disarm, and edged weapon defense. The course will be 4 hours of hands on training with an emphasis on safety and fun.

The Instructor for this course will be Precision Applications, LLC’s Lead Combatives Instructor Jeff Edwards. Jeff has been in law enforcement for 24 years at both the local and federal level. Throughout his career, he has trained several thousand officers, both the local and Federal. He has also trained and or trained with hundreds of military personnel and civilians. He is a certified Federal Firearms Instructor, Defensive Tactics Instructor and Physical Fitness Instructor with the US government, and a practicing Martial Artist in Muay Thai.

Assisting Jeff will be Precision Applications, LLC Staff Instructor Scott Tisdale. Scott is a former US Marine from the Fleet Anti-Terrorist Security Team (FAST Co), as well as being trained LE Instructor.
Precision Applications, LLC will provide the required equipment (hand wraps, gloves, pads, and training knives). Your own mouthpiece is optional, and can be obtained at any sporting goods outlet. Workout gear is optional, you can wear range attire, but sweat will be provided at your expense if you so desire.

The course will not turn you into a trained UFC contender but upon completion will give you some tools and combative skills in case you are faced with an attack from extreme close quarters.

UNKNOWN DISTANCE RANGING & WEAPONS/EQUIPMENT SELECTION & CARE

This class will center around use of mil- or MOA-based reticles for ranging targets at unknown distances. This is a critical skill for the Precision Marksman/Sniper, and one that is not utilized or practiced near enough. In concept it is an easy skill, but the actual implementation and correct usage can be difficult without an Instructor who has mastered this Art. One of the topics covered will be how to range with a Second Focal Plane optic at any power, not just the “pre-set”.

Additionally, we will cover selection and care of the entire weapons system (rifle, optics, rings, mounts, bipods, ammo, etc) and ancillary equipment (spotting scopes, cases, bags, etc). Not only will we cover selecting the right equipment for the job at hand, but cover proper care and maintenance of the equipment, a job that is oftentimes done improperly. For instance, we will talk in depth about cleaning optics lenses, using a regimen written by an optical engineer at the lab that ground the lenses for the Hubble telescope.

This class will be taught by Precision Applications, LLC Owner/Lead Instructor Rob “Shep” Sheppard. Shep is a former USMC Scout/Sniper and SWAT Sniper, and current Sniper Instructor. Shep has been actively involved with the Art of Sniping since 1990, either as an actively employed Sniper or an Instructor. He holds a multitude of Instructor and Armorer’s certifications, from the local, state, military and Federal levels, as well as manfacturer/factory certifications.

Assisting Shep will be Precision Applications Adjunct Instructor Deputy Travis Pierce of the Liberty County (TX) Sheriff’s Office.

Gear list for the class will be:
•Rifle with a mounted precision optic
Or
•Spotting scope, either of which must have a reticle based on milliradians or MOA’s, designed for the purpose of ranging. Examples include mil-dots (both the round Army or the oval USMC styles), Leupold TMR, IOR MP8, and Nightforce MLR/NPR1/NPR2.
•Bipod/tripod, rear bags, and other pieces of support equipment
•Pen and paper
•Calculator (nothing fancy, just needs to be able to multiply and divide)