Fattie Recipes

After making a bunch of them and experimenting with different stuff, my favorite type is the first recipe I tried-plain ol' jalapenos and sharp cheddar. Good with breakfast sausage, deer sausage, Italian sausage, or shucked-out bratwurst.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=544948&highlight=fattie

Spinach, mushroom and pepperjack turtle with smoked sausage legs and a regular fatty with onions peppers and creme cheese!

Last edited:

blondiega1

Dang......what's a girl gotta do to get invited over for dinner????

1st time fatties

Got on the fatty bandwagon Sunday and made 2. Went with serving1lord's post dated 12-20 and did a similar Granny Smith apple and cheddar wrapped with maple bacon. Added some toasted sesame seeds to the inside of the bacon basket weave.Turned out good. Also did a Southwestern inspired fatty with a stuffing of black beans,corn,and rice. Flavored it up with SW spices. It was a bit hot for some of the folks but overall it was very good.
Served 'em up with a South African Shiraz.
For laughs check out my post on the Spot and Stalk Feral Hogs section where I got the ingredients for the sausage.

Attachments

My favorite Is a breakfast fattie,
Normal roll of sausage but for the stuffing lay in a few blueberry pancakes top w/ some scrambled eggs and some sharp cheddar cheese. Drizzle w/ a lil syrup ( i use cane syrup) and roll as usual.
do the bacon weave and brush on a lil more syrup before smoking .

Thread starter #12

Paymaster

Q Cookin, Fly Tyin, Mod
Can these be cooked in the oven? If so, what temp and how long?
Yep. But the smokey flavor will be some what less unless you use a really smokey bacon wrap. Cook at 250* until the internal temp is at least 165*. Usually take 2 hours on my smoker.

jwillban

Thanks, I've been wanting to try one of these for a long time now. I'm thinking of trying NCHillbilly's cheddar, jalapeno and sausage recipe. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

First try at a Fattie

I had my first try at a fattie today... I made some mistakes but will definitely learn from them on the next one. 1lb deer sausage, cream cheese, 4 cheese mexican blend, and a can of mild Rotel.

Attachments

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Smoked a wild hog ham, boston butt and fattie today. The verdict was everyone liked the fattie better than anything else.

Thread starter #17

Paymaster

Q Cookin, Fly Tyin, Mod
Home run right there!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grand Slam!:cool:

dang it!! cant get pics to load from my phone.......i smoke me a Italian sausage fattie saturday night....good stuff!!!