Fattie Recipes

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
After making a bunch of them and experimenting with different stuff, my favorite type is the first recipe I tried-plain ol' jalapenos and sharp cheddar. Good with breakfast sausage, deer sausage, Italian sausage, or shucked-out bratwurst.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=544948&highlight=fattie

shakey gizzard

Spinach, mushroom and pepperjack turtle with smoked sausage legs and a regular fatty with onions peppers and creme cheese!

Last edited:

blondiega1

Dang......what's a girl gotta do to get invited over for dinner????

BFR300

1st time fatties

Got on the fatty bandwagon Sunday and made 2. Went with serving1lord's post dated 12-20 and did a similar Granny Smith apple and cheddar wrapped with maple bacon. Added some toasted sesame seeds to the inside of the bacon basket weave.Turned out good. Also did a Southwestern inspired fatty with a stuffing of black beans,corn,and rice. Flavored it up with SW spices. It was a bit hot for some of the folks but overall it was very good.
Served 'em up with a South African Shiraz.
For laughs check out my post on the Spot and Stalk Feral Hogs section where I got the ingredients for the sausage.

Attachments

• downsized950206111820.jpg
    downsized950206111820.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 12,214
  • downsized950206111346.jpg
    downsized950206111346.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 12,193

bobljr

My favorite Is a breakfast fattie,
Normal roll of sausage but for the stuffing lay in a few blueberry pancakes top w/ some scrambled eggs and some sharp cheddar cheese. Drizzle w/ a lil syrup ( i use cane syrup) and roll as usual.
do the bacon weave and brush on a lil more syrup before smoking .

drumbum77

Banned
I have tried a few different things in mine, but I always go back to....

Cream cheese
Cheddar cheese
Bell Pepper
Onion

Attachments

• 100_8201.jpg
    100_8201.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 10,859
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 10,918

jwillban

Can these be cooked in the oven? If so, what temp and how long?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Can these be cooked in the oven? If so, what temp and how long?

Yep. But the smokey flavor will be some what less unless you use a really smokey bacon wrap. Cook at 250* until the internal temp is at least 165*. Usually take 2 hours on my smoker.

jwillban

Thanks, I've been wanting to try one of these for a long time now. I'm thinking of trying NCHillbilly's cheddar, jalapeno and sausage recipe. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

jksilverado

First try at a Fattie

I had my first try at a fattie today... I made some mistakes but will definitely learn from them on the next one. 1lb deer sausage, cream cheese, 4 cheese mexican blend, and a can of mild Rotel.

Attachments

• fatty 2.jpg
    fatty 2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 9,751
  • fatty 1.jpg
    fatty 1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 9,845

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Smoked a wild hog ham, boston butt and fattie today. The verdict was everyone liked the fattie better than anything else.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I tried one of Paymasters "Super Christmas Fatties".. Layered it in Creme Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Onions & Jalapenos...

Attachments

• PC250004 (Medium).JPG
    PC250004 (Medium).JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 9,559
  • PC250005 (Medium).JPG
    PC250005 (Medium).JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 9,488
  • PC250006 (Medium).JPG
    PC250006 (Medium).JPG
    94 KB · Views: 9,470
  • PC250007 (Medium).JPG
    PC250007 (Medium).JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 9,443
  • PC250015 (Medium).JPG
    PC250015 (Medium).JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 9,464

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Home run right there!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grand Slam!:cool:

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
dang it!! cant get pics to load from my phone.......i smoke me a Italian sausage fattie saturday night....good stuff!!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
dang it!! cant get pics to load from my phone.......i smoke me a Italian sausage fattie saturday night....good stuff!!!

Keep tryin. I would love to see it. Sounds good though.