Favorite bear cooking recipes?

HunterJoe24

Usually I smoke ‘em over hickory for dinners at work. I’d probably like it more if I didn’t skin them myself. They stink. I just can’t make myself like them. I told the Killer Kyle if I get lucky this year he can have mine. Hogs stink too, but I can eat them? Go figure.

Did you freeze the meat with fat attached?

Christian hughey

Given we do enjoy the hunt I don't just kill these guys for the fun of it and conservation is key so thank you for getting out there and thinnin em out

Bears are delicious so anybody killing one just for the hide is in need of some serious education. Nobody is going to get a good hide off one this year anyway so best be happy with the meat. Otherwise, don't go chasing them.

devolve

Bears are delicious so anybody killing one just for the hide is in need of some serious education. Nobody is going to get a good hide off one this year anyway so best be happy with the meat. Otherwise, don't go chasing them.
Why wouldn’t any have a good hide this year?

Christian hughey

From the pics I saw in another thread of some bears spotted while out on a hike a couple weeks ago the hides look nice on a couple and not so good on the others I don't think a nice hide is out of the question but you should have eating your kill on your mind first anyway, although no one can say they wouldn't be super pumped about having a big ol fat head on the wall.