Favorite Campground

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Cataloochee Valley near Maggie Valley N.C. and Fort Clinch State park on Amelia Island Fla. are my two of my favorites. Exact opposite type of campgrounds though.
I live just across the ridge from Cataloochee. It's still a great place to camp, but a lot more crowded than it used to be, and durn near impossible to book a decent campsite sometimes. The backcountry sites are good, though.

BanjoPicker

Might want to check out Woodring Branch at Carters Lake, James Sloppy Floyd, has two lakes, Rocky Mountain Recreation, has three lakes, and KOA in Townsend Tn is great it's right on the river if you like to trout fish and camp on the river, all these are great, they can be book online.

Dreamer69

Might want to check out Woodring Branch at Carters Lake, James Sloppy Floyd, has two lakes, Rocky Mountain Recreation, has three lakes, and KOA in Townsend Tn is great it's right on the river if you like to trout fish and camp on the river, all these are great, they can be book online.

We have camped at Woodring before. It was ok. Last I heard the COE closed that park down. Not big on KOA due to overcrowds. I do not like crowds too much especially while I am camping.

BanjoPicker

We have camped at Woodring before. It was ok. Last I heard the COE closed that park down. Not big on KOA due to overcrowds. I do not like crowds too much especially while I am camping.
Ok
They open Woodring back up Just not all season, now it is from May till September.

Last edited:

UGAGUY75

Unicoi State Park is one of our favorites. Hard to get in though. The RV sites stay booked. If you tent camp, they have a nice walk in tent area with plenty of sites.
Also Victoria Bryant SP in NE Ga is a hidden gem in my opinion.
River Bend in Hiawassee is a nice private campground.