Favorite combat shotgun?

WTM45

I am an old man, 75, and a combat veteran of Vietnam. I carried a Winchester
Model 12 with either 00 buck of #1 buck, whichever was sent out to us. It was a pump and you had 5 shots. It was awesome, only problem was, when you ran out of the 5 rounds, it seemed like it took forever to get it reloaded. I soon passed it off and got a Colt M16. When it ran out of rounds, you just mashed a button, the magazine would drop out of the bottom, you could slap another magazine in it, hit another button and you were good to go. Regardless of whatever you carry, combat is not fun.

Thank you for your service to our nation!!!!

I sincerely hope you have received many "WELCOME HOME!" kudos in the last 50 years. You deserve it!

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I dont have a combat shotgun I would just use hunting pump shotgun for home defense.
But reading about combat guns I would like Winchesters 1897.
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.
Either the trench model with the bayonet or the riot model would be cool too.
The little reading I've done on these are cool! One read of how in enlistment lines for WW2 they had people with clip boards looking for duck hunters. If you were a duck hunter you were issued the 1897 and told to shoot incoming grenades out of the air. At times a half ish dozen young men at a time would race to the enemy trenches, with one tigger pull the operators could hold the trigger down and pump out every shot in the magazine, giving it the nickname the trench broom. Stuff like that is just hair raising for me!

SC Hunter

If we are fighting two legged varmints I don't want a shotgun. I want an 11.5" ar with suppressor so I won't lose any more hearing. Any who, I want 30 round magazines loaded with 55 grain VMAX ammo not fmj or green tips.

If I had to pick a shotgun it will be a M4 now days loaded with buckshot.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

I think that debate is pretty much over. Gas gun by a mile. I think Benelli settled that when they made the M4. "If you can't beat em, join em."
Beretta just kicked the bar way up. Their new gas system screams.

I suppose that does speak volumes.....Benelli adding a gas gun.

I've got nothing but huge respect for Beretta, in general, but their semiauto shotguns have always run really well for me. Never had a problem. What they've done with the KickOff systems is crazy-impressive, too.

That being said....I'll never part with my SBE3....even if my crunchy shoulder makes me use the Beretta gassers.....the SBE3 will still hang around. It's grown on me in the same way that the G19 did....and for not dissimilar reasons. (y)