Wille
Waylon
Chris Ladoux

Reba
Alison Krause

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
where is it ?
On Lake Martin in Ala. at a restaurant of the same name. Where Hwy. #63 crosses the lake, just out side Red Hill. I was there the night the restaurant caught fire and all of the firemen rushed in and grabbed the statue as the place burned to the ground. It used to be a store back in the day and drunken Hank passed out on the hood of his car in the parking lot. When he woke up, the first thing he saw was the Indian and wrote the song right there. Or so it's been told. Look up Childrens Harbor... it's right beside it.

Oldstick

This got me to think'n.. I know, scary ain't it... but just wondering how many of Y'all fans of country music have ever seen the real Kowaliga wooden cigar store Indian that Hank Sr. wrote his song about? It's only 148 miles from my house, and I've seen it many times.

Pretty sure I did see it on a trip with my parents as a kid. It is near a lake in AL right?

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Pretty sure I did see it on a trip with my parents as a kid. It is near a lake in AL right?
Yeah.. Lake Martin.. not to be confused with Logan Martin. Look up a couple of post for directions.

Oldstick

Yeah.. Lake Martin.. not to be confused with Logan Martin. Look up a couple of post for directions.

Yep, my Mom grew up in Opelika. We were doing a sight seeing ride one day, and I remember seeing the restaurant, the statue and my Mom quoting that song. It was probably around 1970 or so.

Ray357

AWOL
As the wife and I were preparing dinner we were listening to country music on Pandora. Got us to thinking who our favorite country music voices were. As the conversation went on we realized we could not pick just one. We decided on a top five. Not necessarily who the best songwriters were, who had the best lyrics, but whose voices you just like to hear. For me it was...(in no particular order)

George Jones
George Strait
Don Williams
Vince Gill
Willie Nelson

How about you?
George Strait
Alan Jackson
Sammy Kershaw
Josh Turner
George Jones
Bellamy Brothers
Randy Owen (Alabama) on studio records, but he can't carry a tune in a bucket in concert.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Hank Jr
Jamey Johnson
Miranda Lambert
George Straight
John Anderson

Honorable mentions include
Waylon
Mark chestnut
Sammy Kershaw
Joe diffie
Neal McCoy

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
In no particular order:

Travis Tritt
Randy Travis
Chris Ledoux (I'm a retired bullrider)
Patty Loveless
Kathy Mattea
Old Crow Medicine Show
Dwight Yoakam (saw him at the GA Theatre, mediocre) Still a fan though #doylehargraves!
Mark Chesnutt
Old George Strait (up to early 1990's)
Dolly
Reba (up to 1990)

Oldstick

One vote for Travis Tritt, as a successor to George Jones' voice and stage presence.